Rescue

After tossing Julius out. Tara ranted her displeasure, prompting  me to order her tossed as well. As expected she simmered down and walked away. Elith and Jolikk hunted food while me Lokkar and Slix planned our  move to free Xui. We hammered out all the details piece by piece.

 I assured them i was good with  a bow. I tried to explain i was pretty goods with my dagger as well, Many boys attempting to molest me had met their end on the tip of my blade, although i had mostly used it for skining kills. 

 Lokkar  vehemently shut me down though enforcing that no matter my skill with the dagger, it would never be enough  against a LoQuan warrior. I conceded on that. I've witnessing firsthand their speed and skill.

My bow from afar was my best option he reiterated to me. I told them about Cain's escape in detail and since all the facilities were built in much the same manner, we concluded that we would enter threw the air ducts and ventilation system they  used. 

Thanks asshole Cain i guess you were good for something after all.

It was decided to leave that night as the cover of darkness would work in our favor. we did not want to be seen by anyone of anything on our trek.

That night I stood in my chosen room  strapping weapons strategically. I hid 2 in each ankle. along my hips underneath my clothing, along with  numerous arrows,  i had sharpened to razor points earlier. Slix explained their skin being significantly tougher than a humans, my arrows needed to be sharp and my aim precise. Lokkar stressed that i would only get one shot to fell a LoQuan  warriror. 

Nina found me as i was strapping my bow to my chest.

"Leena?"

I snapped my gaze to her as she entered the room

"Yea"

"Do you have to go?" she asked timidly

I sighed deflating slightly

"Yes Nina. I...care for him and he is in trouble. I would do no less for you". I told her

She nodded 

"What if i never see you again what if....they...."

"Hey" i hugged her tight

"Ill be back you'll see... I m tough you know that. Remember that time we hunted with dad and that crazed boar charged at us. Dad was so surprised he didn't have time to notch his bow."

"It tackled you and you fell. We thought he killed you. Dad was hysterical" she smiled reminiscently 

"Yup but it didn't" i commented

"Nope when dad pulled it off you, you were drenched in blood, its blood. the boar landed right on your blade. You had pierced his heart as soon as he landed"  she smiled pridefully

"That's right. it aint so easy to take down your sis. ok"  i said hugging her again

She nodded into me clutching me closer

"LEENA!" i heard Slix call

"I'll see you soon " i told her reassuringly as i left the room

We met in the foyer all strapped and ready for war. Then we opened the door and rushed into the night.

*******************************************************

After a few days of  non stop hiking we finally reached the faciltiy. 

We waited patiently for the cover of night before we finally struck. Lokkar and Slix easily took out the surrounding human guards. Unlike the plagued facility this one had no guard towers