LoQuan Love

LEENA POV

We pull open the ridiculously large heavy doors of the mansion and step inside. Immediately I'm amazed at its sheer size and magnificence. The ceilings are impossibly high and the walls and floor gleam with marble. A thick layer of dust and dirt  covers everything but even that  does nothing to detract from its beauty. An imposing staircase stands just beyond the foyer leading to the upper level which surely hold even more lavish rooms.

Tara squeals with happiness. NO surprise that she would love the place.

"Come on babe lets go pick out a room" she says seductively pulling on Cain

He retches his arm away from her grumpily

"I will be finding my own room" Tara he says stalking off up the stairs. Tara follows him a little less enthusiastic.

Sara and Julius stand near me looking unsure.

"Well  i guess ill go find a room too" he says walking off

  All the medical outsiders, Lokkar and Slix walk off, spreading out through the space

Only Xui lingers his gaze fixed on me. I look to Sara, ignoring Xui's pleading eyes.

"Lets go find our rooms huh"

She smiles at me nodding

Sara picks out a enormous room that had been decorated with pink and ruffles. I wanted to gag at it. I'm no tomboy but even i could not tolerate that much feminine and frilly décor 

I help her settle in, Shaking the dirt and dust of the furniture and bedding, before i move to find my own room.

"Thank you" Sara's says her voice soft and meek

I turn back to her removing, hand from the door

"For what" i ask amused

 She shyness was utterly adorable. so opposite from Tara, i often wonder how they ever were best friends. 

But then i recall the way high school was and know exactly why they are friends. Tara was most likely the popular mean girl in school and Sara her loyal weak follower.

"If it were not for you we would still be in that dirty old school, starving and scared"

I smile at her the first genuine smile i feel since i saw Tara and Xui together days ago

"Well then, your very welcome"

She giggles looking at me. Her weight has incresed since i first saw her. The consistent meat doing her good.

"Those Outsiders are pretty scary but I'd rather be with them then alone, starving to death" she jokes

I laugh. maybe its thanks to Xui, but i never thought them scary, Except maybe Lokkar. His horns are so imposing, I'm glad Xui doesn't have those

"Nah, there just as normal as you and i. they just look different". I tell her

Inwardly i know I've Downplayed the truth. After what i saw Xui do back at the store. i know there's nothing normal about them. He was savage, damn near bestial with his ferocity. she has every reason to be afraid of them, But i dont say that,  that would not help her overcome her fear of them.

 "Lokkar seems to like you" i tease her knowingly

Lokkar is so ill tempered and hot headed. But lately i have noticed his softened temperament whenever he interacts with Sara. He is patient and almost kind. He offers her meat first as soon as its done cooking. He even offers her extra when he thinks no ones looking.