Holding On

Hey y'all! So so sorry this update is late guys. I meant to update yesterday but then never wrote the chapter. So sorry! This chapter was kind of just thrown together, so it's not the best. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deathbringer spat blood from his mouth, gagging at the taste. Although he may be a dragon, no one likes the taste of blood. Freeze looked at him with distaste. Deathbringer rolled his eyes, he was the one making him cough up blood. Idiot.

Another claw to the face. Luckily, Deathbringer shut his eyes before it could damage his eyes. There was already one blind NightWing and Deathbringer didn't need that kind of disability. He had a Queen to protect.

The days had passed slowly. Deathbringer had only had one other visit with his love. Sadly, it had only been to confirm that he was ready to fight his way out when the others attacked, not to be with each other. There would be plenty more time for that after he was back in the rainforest.

Freeze had gotten even more violent these days. He hadn't even given any time for past injuries to heal. Deathbringer was bleeding in numerous places and had bruises on the inside and outside. He could feel several browns cracked and possibly broken, none in his wings however, which was good.

Deathbringer had little hope he'd even be able to help with his escape, let alone survive until then. It was hard, being beaten half to death while waiting for a rescue party to drop in and save the day. He was ready to give in. Just a little longer though. Deathbringer couldn't give in now, he was so close.

Glory was waiting for him, preparing his rescue. But his mind told him to give in. To be done in this horrid place. To let himself go and to never come back. But he had someone to live for. He couldn't leave her by herself.

Deathbringer closed his eyes, imagining the one dragon he was still living for. How she would react if he was dead. He couldn't do that to her, could he. Shaking his thoughts away, Deathbringer vowed that he would hold on. Until his Queen could save him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys liked it. Super short I know and super late. Super sorry!!! Have a great week y'all!