Waiting Game

Deathbringer watched as the IceWing paced back and forth in front of his cell. It had been so long since he'd been outside, that her lost count of how many days he'd been down here. It no longer seemed like there was any escape. Deathbringer had lost hope long ago, not caring anymore to live.
Although Deathbringer knew that Glory had probably stopped looking for him long ago, he wished that she cared enough to never stop. Pushing his thoughts aside, he focused once more on the IceWing in front of him.  The IceWing had been pacing for a while now and had an angered look upon his face. Never before had Deathbringer seen any IceWing this angry, and that says something.
A knock sounded on the door. Deathbringer's ears perked up as the IceWing opened it quickly. "Yes?"
"Sir, the RainWing fell for the trap. We have an insider and they're willing to help us, under one condition."
"And what is the condition?" The IceWing questioned. "He wishes to become King of the RainWings."
"Confirm it. Have a written contract made and have him sign it. We'll go from there."
"Yes, sir," and the IceWing left without another word. When the IceWing turned back to Deathbringer, he had an evil smirk on his face. "Seems like your so-called 'Queen' isn't so smart, is she? She's going to fall right into my trap. And when she does, she'll be mine to do as please to. How does that make you feel, NightWing?" Deathbringer had started shaking in anger. With pure anger, Deathbringer all but roared at the IceWing, "You will not hurt her! Or I swear I will kill you all!" The IceWing had the audacity to laugh. Still chuckling, the IceWing shook his head. "You know who am, right? I am Freeze, leader of the Frozen. I get what I want and I don't care who I kill to get it. I have no regrets and taking your precious Queen is all part of my plan."
"The Frozen?" Deathbringer asked in response to the IceWing's, now known as Freeze, rant. "Ah, I left that part out. The Frozen is an elite, military, group of undercover IceWings. The main goal? To rid Pyrrhia of NightWings. And you my friend, are the weakness of Queen Glory. Which makes capturing her easier and then annihilating the NightWings from existence."
"Then what are you waiting for? Why not just storm the rainforest and take over? Why wait."
"Because my friend, the best plans take time. Even if it means playing the waiting game, I will succeed. No matter what."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!!! It's been so long since I've posted. I have been so, so, so busy and even though that is not an excuse, I will try to write more. I will also start posting more on my Instagram account, flickalover00. Go follow it for updates, drawings and if you make a cover and wish to send it to me. Have an awesome week guys!