Reliving The Fears

Hey guys! Just wanted forewarn you that I may not be posting for a bit, I am probably not going to have the time the next week. So sorry. Hope you enjoy this chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Glory awoke with a start. Panting and gasping for breath, she remembered her dream. Kestrel has been attacking her but this time, the other guardians were too. Her friends weren't even trying to defend her... they were laughing. That's what hurt the most. The fact that her friends hadn't even tried to protect her...

She felt the tears pool in her eyes, but she refused to let them fall. Instead she ran out the door of the hut leaving a startled Deathbringer. Glory ran until she reached her favorite treetop. On the branches had a small, secret platform. It was away from the other Suntime platforms and was secretive. The only dragons who knew where it was were, herself and Deathbringer.

When she climbed to the top, she looked out upon her rainforest. She laid there for what seemed like hours, till a rustle of leaves was heard behind her...

Whoosh! Deathbringer jumped as Glory ran past. Huh? I wonder why she's running? Then he realized, he was supposed to be following her. As the realization hit, he ran in the direction that Glory had gone.

While running, he recognized the path he was running along. Glory has gone to the place that only the two of them knew. Her secret platform. When Deathbringer got there, Glory was laying down, facing the coming sunrise. From where he was, he could tell she was shaking. Her scales were an acid green and gray-blue. Deathbringer wondered if he could murder whatever had made his Queen feel this way.

Glory whipped her head around and bared her fangs at the sound. No more than a second later, Deathbringer walked out onto the small platform. She carefully watched as he walked over. Deathbringer looked graceful and powerful as he walked, it was one of the things Glory loved about him. No! You don't love him as he could never love you back! But what if he did?

Deathbringer was examining Glory as he moved closer. She didn't look injured, physically at least. Mentally, it looked like she was warring within herself, trying not to be scared, yet wanting to let someone else take care of her for once.

When he looked into her eyes, he saw tears wanting to fall and the stars reflecting from her eyes. Neither of them said anything, they didn't need to. In a split second, Glory was there, hugging him. They both knew she didn't like being touched but she just wanted to be near him.

After she finished crying and sobbing, the sun was just beginning to rise. Deathbringer laid down and opened his wing, inviting her to come closer. Glory walked closer and laid down next to him. He wrapped his wing around her and put his head right next to her's. They fell asleep like that. And Glory felt safe, knowing Deathbringer would do anything to protect her.