Chapter 17

"Your bag's in the boot," Ashton told me as he drove across town. "We stole your phone and laptop back from Maria and the front door is unlocked."
"What front door?" I questioned. "What are you talking about?"
"We're taking you to Austin's," Luke told me.
"Austin Carlile's?" I asked not believing a word they were saying.
Luke nodded.
"We had to get you out of there," Calum said. "Maria's a bitch."
I smiled. "Thank you guys so much."
"Anytime, Cen," Michael smiled back.
The rest of the drive was filled with loud music and horrible singing from all five of us.
"Pull over, I need to pee," Michael whined when a gas station appeared up ahead.
Ashton sighed and pulled in. "I'll fill up while we wait."
"Want me to go in and pay?" I offered.
"I'll go with you," Calum said climbing out after Michael.
I hopped out of the car and went into the store.
"You're in charge of drinks," Calum told me.
"I thought we were just paying for the petrol?"
"Yes, Cen, cos we need two people for that," Calum chuckled.
"Shut up," I mumbled with a smile, nudging him in the ribs. I walked down to the drinks fridge and grabbed five Lipton green tea's for me and two Red Bulls for each of the boys.
"Really?" Calum asked raising an eyebrow when I put the drinks on the counter.
"Where are the Red Vines?" I questioned seeing what Calum had chosen.
"Who likes Red Vines?"
"I do!" I exclaimed before going back to grab a couple of packs.
Calum paid for the gas, food and drinks and we made our way back out to the car.
We had almost got to the car when a familiar voice spoke up.
"I knew I shouldn't have trusted you boys."
I turned around, eyes wide, and saw Maria standing there with a smirk on her face.
"Cen, get in!" Ashton ordered.
Calum and I ran to the car and jumped in only just managing to close the door before Ashton sped off. Luke had taken my spot in the front so I sat between Calum and Michael in the back.
I looked out the back window to see Maria's car gaining on us.
"Cen, text your Dad tell him there's been a change of plan," Luke said passing me my phone.
I nodded and did as I was told.

To: Daddy Whiskey Hands
Change of plan. Maria's following us. I miss you x

I felt tear welling in my eyes. I wished this was all just a nightmare.

From: Daddy Whiskey Hands
Stay save Cen. Miss you too x

Calum noticed and wrapped an arm around me. I rested my head on his shoulder and let the tears fall freely.
Calum passed me a pack of Red Vines and an ice tea making me smile a little.
Eventually we lost Maria at a red light. Ashton went down random streets just to make sure she couldn't catch back up.
"We lost her!" Michael cheered making me giggle.
Luke turned the radio back on and we continued with our jam session from earlier.
"We can still get to Austin's," Ashton said. "Your Dad will be waiting there."
"What about you guys?" I asked. "Maria will flip her shit if you go back."
"Austin said we could crash there if something like this happened," Calum reassured me.
I nodded before going back to singing along to Green Day.
We had gotten well off track while shaking Maria off our tail making the drive so much longer. I began to get tired, yawning every five minutes.
"Go to sleep, Cen," Luke said looking back at me. I shook my head, determined to stay awake but I eventually fell asleep on Calum's shoulder.

A/N: what is this?! Three updates in like five days :D I mean, they've all been short but it's better than nothing right? I actually quite like this chapter (: can anyone guess what's going to happen in future chapters (; if you do guess it I will dedicate the next chapter to you (: please vote & comment as usual much love xx