Hate

Shelby's P.O.V

My anger and sadness mixed into one. "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST GET THAT I'M GOOD NOW?!" I cried. "YOU COULDN'T HEAR THAT DARK VOICE. I COULD'VE LEFT YOU IN THE EAPE TO ROT!!"

"DON'T YELL AT ME!!" Sasha screamed.

Tears were streaming down my face. "I thought you were a mentor. I'm having a hard time, you should be here for me. Instead, you're blaming me for doing stuff I had no control over."

"Sasha..." Lizzie sighed. "I wouldn't provoke her. She is still very vulnerable. We just got her back, we don't wanna lose her again."

"WELL MAYBE SHE DESERVES TO GO AND SUFFER!!" Sasha shouted.

I smiled sadly. "Don't talk to me," I said.

Sasha rolled her eyes. 'Just ignore her. Us and someone else can chat with her later to try and settle things.'

"We're still short two elements," Joel pointed out, trying to change the subject.

"What do we do?" Lizzie asked. "We don't have a Death to help Life revive them. And Stacy still doesn't know how her powers work."

"Technically, I'm still a Death soul," Jack said. "And if I'm correct, Shelby still has Life magic, even if she is labelled as something different. We can still bring them back to life, if we know where the bodies are I mean. However, I doubt we can get to Life's area without a true Life taking us there."

"Okay, Stacy," Scott began. "This is one of the easiest things to master."

"What's the 'area'?" Stacy asked.

"A soul's area is like an endless void with a colour corresponding to the element it's tied to. For example, Water is aqua, Earth is brown, Air is blue, yadda yadda yadda. Only a Life can get to Life's area, only Fire can get to Fire's area, only Death can get to Death's area, so on, so fourth. However, it is possible to take another element there when making physical contact with who you'd like to take. It's hard to explain. It is also not possible for another element to use their magic in an area that isn't their own."

"Then how are Jack and Shelby meant to use their powers?"

"If a Life begins a revival spell, even in their own area, Death's magic can be activated, however only to do that one spell. Same with a Death in their area, a Life's magic is activated through that spell."

"So... how do we get there?"

"Jack and I will grab your hands," I began, "and all you have to do is close your eyes. Think deep. Think about Life. Love. Your soul will take us there."

Jack and I grabbed Stacy's hands at her nod. Stacy closed her eyes, and in a bright flash of light, we were in Life's area.

"This place is a lot less grey since I was last here," I pointed out. I spotted the dead bodies, and I wanted to cry. Jack saw my shaky frown and placed a hand on my shoulder. "It's okay, Shelby. You've changed," he said with a kind smile. "Let's go."

"Where's... I don't know where Cory's body is..."

"We'll find him. For now, we'll revive these four."

We make our way to the dead bodies. "Reckon we can do them all at once?" Jack asked.

"I mean, we could try," I shrugged. "Watch this, Stacy."

Jack and I both bent down and each placed a hand on Ross's limp body, the body on top of the pile. It hurt seeing my own cousin dead, and it hurt more knowing that it was by my hands. Jack looked up at me. "Ready?" he asked, his hand glowing with a black aura.

I dug deep inside of me, thankfully finding that power. "Ready," I said.

We both closed our eyes, saying out loud the spell in unison.

"Handed from the Dead to the Living, 

I ask of your power.

Bring these souls back to where they belong,

Where they may walk amongst this Earth,

Bodies full of life and hope,

Back from death and misery,

We ask of your power, dear God,

Put these souls in Death's hands,

To be handed back to Life once again."

There was a stirring under my touch, and my eyes snapped open. 

Ross's eyes slowly fluttered open, his stab wounds gone. He screamed when he saw me, and I quickly pulled my hand away. "Ross... you're alive..." I smiled.

"You FREAKING JERK!! YOU KILLED ME!! I thought you loved me!"

"I.. I do..."

"Then WHY DID WHO KILL ME?! And who the heck is that kid?" He pointed at Stacy, who waved shyly.

"Ross, calm down..." Jack said gently.

There was a groan, and Yammy awoke from the dead. "What... happened...?" she asked. "Shelby..? Jack?"

Jack hugged Yammy. "Oh thank the LORD!" he exclaimed.

"Okay, buddy. Wait. I died?"

"Yeah, and we revived you. You are no longer dead!"

"Aw HECK YEAH!"

Max and Lauren still showed no signs of movement. "Jack..." I whimpered. "They're still... gone..."

"FOREVER, YOU MONSTER! THEY ARE GONE, FOREVER!!" Ross shouted.

"No, they aren't," Jack hissed in my defence. "We could've left you dead, Ross. Remember that. I can't do the spell without Shelby." Jack looked at me. "We'll just have to do the spell again."

And so we did.

"Handed from the Dead to the Living,

I ask of your power.

Bring these souls back to where they belong,

Where they may walk amongst this Earth,

Bodies full of life and hope,

Back from death and misery,

We ask of your power, dear God,

Put these souls in Death's hands,

To be handed back to Life once again."

Lauren was the first to wake. It was obvious she was scared of me, and quickly tried to scramble away. "I... I won't hurt you," I said quietly. "I don't want to."

The anger was clear in Lauren's eyes, yet she remained silent. Another moment goes by. Max still was dead. "Is he gonna wake up?" Stacy asked quietly. "You said it would work."

"It's... it's supposed to. I don't understand..."

"We'll have to take his body back with us, back to the FAE, I mean," Yammy said. "Something has to be wrong..."

"Is it Shelby's element?" Stacy wondered.

"Her... element? She's a Life... right?"

"Not anymore. I'm a Soul of Bending," I replied.

"You're kidding..." Lauren breathed.

"Nope."

"Holy... who's Life then? The kid we don't know?"

"Yeah, hi, I'm Stacy, I... I am Life?" Stacy introduced. "We can take his body back, then find the other one."

"If she goes back, can Shelby and Jack stay here?" Ross asked.

"I mean... as long as she's back in 15 seconds," Yammy shrugged. "I'll go there and back with her, just to support her."

"Thanks," I smiled.

Stacy, Ross, Lauren and Yammy were gone, taking with them Max's dead body.