Enemy...?

James's P.O.V

As I pulled Jaiden off the ground, I felt it too, in my heart. Tim, Maaz, Cypher and Tabbes turned a few years ago. We had been brought together by the gods, so the pain of them turning hurt in more ways than one. And we can always sense when the other side was nearby. There was a crash. Ribbons of fire began dancing around Max's fingers. "No, don't," I said quietly. "They can't know about you lot."

"Why?" Max asked, the fire gone.

"We'll explain later. Stay together for now. Stay close to us. We can fight back, they know our magic."

"If they somehow get through to you, use your fists. But never, ever, use the other alternative," Adam added.

"Been a while, you guys!" Tim's voice rang through the area.

The four of our former friends stepped into the light. They still looked the same. "Why do you even try anymore?" Jaiden asked. "We've beaten you every time."

Tim began to glow green, Maaz light blue, Cypher pink and Tabbes black. I managed to see Jaiden slowly glowing purple, her amethyst necklace starting to move. Adam's red glow came quick, Rebecca folded her arms and began glowing a dark blue. I was pretty sure I was glowing grey. I grabbed Tim's arm and pushed him back. He hit the wall with a thud. Soon the eight of us started wrestling. We stopped when we suddenly heard a shout. "Wait, wait! Stop!"

Callum started trying to pull us off each other. I untangled myself, dragging Jaiden with me. Adam realised that Callum was yelling at us, and when he saw him pulling Rebecca away, he moved back. "What do you want, kid?" Cypher sneered.

"That's not them," Callum looked me in the eye. "I don't think any of you saw, but their eyes kept flashing solid black. You can see the black liquid trickling down his cheek." He pointed at Maaz, who quickly wiped his eyes. As soon as he saw the smudged black stuff on his hand, he relaxed slightly, and he stopped glowing. He said nothing as he looked at our group. He shook his head. "What is that stuff?" Adam asked.

Jess's eyes widened, and she floated over to Maaz, who stared, paralysed, in fear. "I won't hurt you," Jess said.

"What are you?" Maaz asked.

"That doesn't matter. What does is that's exactly what happened to Shelby!" She whipped round to look at her friends. "When she first started acting up! And we all know what happened to her after that. We need to figure out what this stuff is, it's possibly a sign of dark magic."

Maaz suddenly burst into tears. His tears were black. I slowly went towards him. I put a hand on his shoulder. As he looked at me, his tears slowly started going back to regular transparent tears.  "I didn't want to..." he whispered. I hugged him without a reply.

I didn't even realise Tabbes was crying, but that was until I saw the black-tinted tears rolling down her cheeks. Cypher hugged her. Tim up and ran.