Leader

Shelby's P.O.V

The power that ran through my veins was amazing. I strolled through to where Jack made his announcements. I smiled as the people crowded in confusion. "Jack's reign is no longer. I am your leader now," I announced.

"But no-one can lead better than Jack!" a boy shouted. "Especially not some random girl! You have no power over us!"

"Care to repeat that?" I clenched my fists, the magic waiting to burst out.

The boy puffed out his chest. "You don't control us!"

"Oh, I think you'll find that I do." I laughed.

"Why are you even here?"

"You lot are weak. You NEED me."

"Master," a girl appeared next to me. She was one of the girls who tried to keep me from Ross. "Hi, I'm Stacy, one of your personal assistants, just wanted to let you know that the people here won't listen to you. They don't know you, and therefore don't trust you."

"You really think that you're gonna be of service to her?" the boy asked. "Come ON, Stacy. You were barely of any use to Jack. And this girl is. Not. Staying."

"Sasha!" I called out.

Sasha was still in her tiger form as she hopped out next to me. "Go get that boy and bring him to me in the... hm..," I began quietly. "What's that room called that Jack aways sat in?"

"Leader's chamber, Master," Stacy replied.

"Take him there."

Sasha nodded. She weaved her way through the crowd. Several people attemped to swipe at her, but she dodged. She stopped at the boy. She growled and jerked her head back. The boy cocked his head. The girl next to him paled slightly, whispered something, and the boy got on Sasha's back. Sasha left the room. "As for the rest of you... some serious training is necessary," I said.

Stacy followed me back to the leader's chamber. On the way, I asked a couple questions. "So... as soon as that girl spoke, the boy understood Sasha," I began. "Does she have some sort of power?"

"Yes, she does," Stacy nodded. "She only came a couple days ago. Her name is Mousie I'm pretty sure."

"Fitting name, huh?"

"But who names their child Mousie?"

"It's probably just a nickname."

"Probably."

Stacy waited outside the room, completely happy to do so. Inside, Sasha had the boy pinned to the ground. "Thank you, Sasha, you may leave," I said, and Sasha trotted out of the room.

The boy stood. I began circling him. "So... what's your name?" I asked.

"That's classified information," the boy replied.

"I asked you a question, you are to answer it. What. Is. Your. Name?"

"Ugh." The boy rolled his eyes. "Jesse."

"Hm. You've made a mistake. Did you know that?"

"I mean... you make it kinda obvious." Jesse finally shrunk in on himself.

"Oh, now are you scared?"

"P-please... don't harm me..."

"Oh, don't worry. I'm not that mean."

I grabbed his arm and dug my nails into it, drawing a bit of blood. An orb of light hovered above my index finger on my other hand. "Wh-what are you doing...?" Jesse asked.

"You will listen to me, no matter what," I replied as I pressed my finger into his arm.

His irises flashed grey, and he bowed. "What can I do to serve you, Master?" he asked.

'Oh Shelby... we've done so well...'

"Leave. And tell Stacy to remain outside," I replied.

Jesse did so. I laughed evilly. 'I swear I've never felt happier! The EAPE... it belongs to us!'

'The FAE will be after us. We need to stay on high alert, and get those soldiers trained quick.'

'If I used my power on them, would that make them better immediately, because I told them to do it?'

'Hm... yes, actually. But you can't grab them all at once, or look them all in the eye. You need a song.'

'I am NOT singing.'

'Go ask Stacy if someone trustworthy can sing then.'

"Stacy!"

Stacy scurried into the room. "Yes, master?" she asked.

"Can anyone here sing? Anyone who is trustworthy, who will listen to me without question?"

"My brother Joey's a real good singer, and I'm sure he'll listen to his master with no hesitation. Would you like me to bring him to you?"

"Yes. I would."

Stacy walked in with the boy who tried to stop me from meeting Ross. He looked a bit shocked when he saw me, but he bowed. "Master?" he asked.

"You must be Joey?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Stand up."

Joey did so. I could see fear in his eyes, and I smiled. I hoped it looked friendly enough. Joey was  one of the people who actually listened to me, and I didn't want to intimidate him more than I already was. "It's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you," I reassured him, "but I need to ask you of something."

"Anything."

"Stacy tells me you can sing?"

"Yeah, I can actually. I've written my own songs and Stacy and our best friend Meghan helped me make backing tracks and everything!"

"Wow." I was impressed. This dude was awesome. "Well, the people here don't... like me. They don't understand that I'M their leader, that I need them as much as they need me. But I can fix that. All I need is a song sang by someone trustworthy, and Stacy suggested you. Plus, you get a bit of magic! Bonus."

"I'd be honored to do so. What am I singing?"

As Joey wrapped up his song, everyone snapped their heads over to look at me. I laughed quietly. "The FAE has beaten the EAPE for so damn long," I said. "But now... that's going to change. We're going to take on the world. It's going to be controlled by the darkness. By me."

Everyone cheered, and I laughed once more, maniacally.

'Shelby, you've come so far.'

'The world's about to fall into OUR hands.'

'And they'll regret trying to stop us.'

But the most exciting part: the FAE was going DOWN.