Ribbons of Magic

Yammy's P.O.V

I was eating cookies and then I wasn't. I was in... in... I don't know. A grey area. And then I spotted Shelby. Life's chamber? "I'm not scared of you," I hissed.

"Scott was meant to be, but I guess he isn't either," Shelby shrugged, slowly walking over.

I didn't move, trying to be brave. "What do you want with me?" I asked.

"Well, I want to kill you. I'm getting what I want, the world, I mean. And your little friendship magic plot ain't gonna stop me."

"How'd you..."

"I planted Jess in with you as my own little spy."

Something did seem off about her. I tried to get in contact with the mentors, to tell them what was going on. I couldn't. Shelby laughed. "Oh, you're so stupid! Only MY powers work here, it's Life's area."

"No... y-you aren't a Life!"

"I am, Yammy. I was gifted with the power."

"You're twisted!"

"I know."

Shelby waved her hand, and a sword made of light appeared. I knew my fate. I accepted it. I held my arms out. Shelby smiled. "Kill me," I said.

"Gladly."

Cory's P.O.V

Someone else was dead. I heard her laugh again. 

Shelby's P.O.V

It was a little disappointing that Yammy gave up so easily. But Lauren on the other hand... she managed to give me a good laugh.

"Why shouldn't I just kill you?!" Lauren hissed.

I giggled. "We're in my chamber, silly. I can't die in here."

"Let me go!"

"I can't do that."

"Why?!"

"Because you're going to go tell everyone about our little... encounter."

"If we weren't in here, I would've killed you already."

I laughed. "I doubt that, Lauren."

"I could!"

"A Life versus a mentor, with an extremely dull power. I could kill you with one light blast."

"I'm strong."

"Don't you remember what I told you? We don't need mentors, so... bye Lauren."

I grabbed her shirt collar. She squirmed around, trying to get out of my grip. I only laughed more and more as she tried harder and harder. In fits of laughter, I stabbed her in the neck and watched her die.

Cory's P.O.V

Another dead? 'This is bad. Cory, we have to make sure everyone's in the FAE. Gather everyone u-'

I was in a grey area. As soon as I saw Shelby covered in blood and black goo trickling out of her solid black eyes, I knew I had to be in Life's area. "Don't do it," I warned.

"You know that won't stop me."

I tried to leave. "Your magic won't work, and it would be even weaker when you get back to Earth. If you got back to Earth. You've been in your opposite's chamber."

I knew that wasn't how it worked, we could use our powers in each other's chambers because we were opposites, but it wasn't like I would beat her anyway. Life is stronger than death. I decided not to bring it up.

"Please Shelby, don't kill me."

"I'm gonna do it."

White ribbons of magic danced around her. "But before I do," she began, "I'm going to need your magic."

She clicked her fingers, and the ribbons shot towards me. I shouted in pain as the entered my body. They came out again fully black, soon starting to flash between black and white. Shelby closed her eyes with a smile as the ribbons flowed into her chest, directly where her heart was. If she even had one, that is. I fell to the ground, weak and barely able to move. "I may as well end your suffering here, Cory," she said, her hands glowing white. 

"They... w-will... t-t-take you down..." I choked out.

"They wish to. Not all wishes come true."

She bent down to my level, looking me in the eye. For a split second, her eyes were their normal, beautiful hazel, and they were filled with sympathy and pain. But as I said, it was only for a split second. "I'm gonna suck the life right outta ya. Don't worry, it won't hurt," she chuckled.

Before she placed her hands down, I whispered, "I.. l-love you, Shelby..."

Then life slowly started slipping away.

And it was gone.

Shelby's P.O.V

I never felt more powerful than I did as soon as I saw Cory's body motionless. 'You have the power of two Deaths and a Life. You are unstoppable.'

But a bit inside of me felt sad about what I did. I tried to push it down. 'Now what?'

'We kill the rest of 'em.'

Max and Ross stood in front of me. "It's your turn," I smiled.

"For?" Max asked, hugging Ross tight.

"Death. Don't worry, I'll make it quick."

"N-no, please... you don't have to do this!" Ross squeaked.

"Hm, nah, I kinda do. You're great people, I almost feel bad."

"You're a monster," Max hissed.

"I know!"

I could only bring myself to end them quickly.

'Now let's go visit the FAE.'

'Why?'

'Their friendship magic is weak now. I wanna see them fail. And for the plot. Just go.'