(REQUEST) hol horse x reader

title: prince charming

requested by @Worldatpeace

As a young girl, you'd always dreamed of wearing that one white dress which was probably more expensive than any toy you'd ever had. A wedding was every little girl's dream - you had to have the most perfect dress, the most perfect hair, the best shoes around, the most movie-like venue, and, most importantly,

a Prince Charming.

Your husband literally had to be a prince from a Disney film. Or that one character in your favourite show that probably wasn't real or anywhere near your age. You had to love him with all your heart, and he had to love you the same way.

Nothing could ever go wrong on a wedding day. It had to be perfect.

Absolutely perfect.

Nobody could run away from a Prince Charming.

...which was what you thought before getting cold feet at your own wedding.

The dress was on, the makeup was on, and your hair had been done. The bridesmaids were ready. The guests were waiting in the chapel along with your husband-to-be. Everything was going so well, and yet... why didn't you want to be here?

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Jean Pierre Polnareff. He had the most charming personality, a handsome face (albeit a peculiar hairstyle), and had an incredibly well-built body. Hugs from Jean Pierre were the best thing on earth, and this man had compliments to spare 24/7.

So why... why didn't you want to marry him? Why did you really want to throw off your heels and run for the hills? Why were you thinking of your best friend?

And why was he thinking of you too?

Hol Horse was sat in the front-but-one pew, wringing his hands nervously. Well - not really nervously, but out of worry. And guilt. This could be his wedding. He could be sat in the front row with his friends, worrying about whether or not he was going to mess up his vows. But no - of course, he was sat in the congregation, the best friend of the bride, worrying about why on earth he hadn't said something to you about his feelings before he'd spotted that silver ring on your finger.

He felt horrid for dreaming of what your life could've been like if he'd just told you his feelings and hadn't let you run off with Jean Pierre, but alas; he couldn't do anything now, could he?

Hol's eyes wandered to where Jean Pierre was sat at the front of the right side of the church, where his friends were crowded around him and his family was sat in anticipation behind him. He could just about make out the encouraging words that were muttered by Kakyoin (who had gotten married a few months ago), and the harsh but reassuring words from Joseph (who had been married for thirty years). Jotaro, of course, said nothing, while Avdol had nothing to say as he'd never been interested in marriage.

Why wasn't that his family? And why wasn't he getting words of encouragement?

Because he had to be his own encouragement, he realised, and that he had to act now before anything else happened.

Hol found a tissue in his pocket and quickly whipped out his pen. On the tissue, he wrote a message, and then got up and casually walked out of the church. Noticing the weird looks he got from yours and Jean Pierre's family, he tipped his hat down over his eyes and ignored them, knowing exactly where to go.