caesar x reader

title: blue

    "Caesar, why is the sky blue?"

     "Goodness, (name), I don't know. Why do you ask such questions?"

     "I like the colour blue."

     "Er, ok?"

     "It reminds me of your eyes."

     "Ok."

     "And also the colour Joseph turns when I punch his stomach."

     Caesar snorted. Or rather, breathed air out of his nose with a smile on his face. He appeared to enjoy bullying Joseph. Or maybe he just likes to bully every person who was not a woman. Perhaps that was why he liked to hang out with you so much.

     Currently, it was the day before Caesar, Joseph and Lisa Lisa left to find the notorious Pillar Men. You'd heard from Suzie (who'd overheard Joseph talking) that they were much stronger than the other man Joseph had taken down before. Apparently, two of them had put 'wedding rings' down Joseph's throat to put him under pressure.

     You weren't allowed to go, but only because you'd only just started being tutored by Lisa Lisa, so you weren't as experienced as Joseph and Caesar.

     But little did they know, you'd be going too.

     It was very sunny on Air Supplena island, and you and Caesar were currently enjoying the rare February sun. Being next to Caesar made your heart flutter with butterflies, and after some time, you concluded that you loved him.

     You'd do anything for Caesar, and would literally die if anything happened to him.

     Suddenly, you had a wave of confidence, and you decided that now was the time to tell him your feelings before he went.

     "Caesar," you began, "I-"

     "CAEEEEESAAAAAR!" Cried Joseph from inside the tower, "I'VE LOST MY SUUUUUNGLASSSSEES!!!"

     Caesar tutted and shifted his gaze from you to a frantically running around Joseph. "Joseph, you're an idiot. I'm not helping you." He turned back to you. "What were you saying?"

     "To put it shortly, Caesar, I l-"

     "Caesar, we're leaving now," Lisa Lisa interrupted, not waiting around for anyone. She waved briefly to you and made her way over to where the red car was.

     Caesar sighed, fed up with the fact that you'd been interrupted twice. He got up slowly and offered you a hand. You took it, getting up, but crashing into his chest. Caesar took this opportunity to give you a hug that you'd never forget, wrapping his arms around you so tightly yet so tenderly.

     "I'll miss you, (name)," he whispered into your ear, his hot breath making you melt, "and I will come back for you."

     You nodded, trusting that he would. He opened the door to the car and waved as it drove off.

     Perhaps your confession would have to wait until he got back.

——

     But there wouldn't be a next time.

     Two months later, a car pulled up outside. With a cheerful spring in your step, you bounded down the stairs to greet everyone, but you stopped once Lisa Lisa and Joseph came through the door solemnly.

     "Where's Caesar?" You asked, looking behind them to see if he was hiding.

     Joseph choked on his spit, turning around to hide what you would assume to be tears.

     Then, the realisation hit you. Caesar couldn't make it back. He never would make it back.

     Caesar was dead.

     And you'd never gotten the opportunity to tell him your feelings.