dio x reader

title: lady brando

     You were intelligent. You earned the highest levels in class, and performed excellently in every circumstance in school. You devoted your life to getting a suitable education to go to a university with an outstanding reputation. Not once had you thought about having a boyfriend along with all of that, and not once had you ever had a boy ask you out on a date.

     And you definitely weren't expecting Dio Brando to be handing you an envelope on Valentine's Day, presumably with all of his feelings inside.

     Dio Brando was smart, you could give him that, and his plans were very well thought out. He was also drop-dead gorgeous, and all of the girls were after him.

     You'd be lying if you said you hadn't thought about him once or twice.

     Suddenly, you began to doubt your presumptions. What if his envelope was some sort of joke? What if he didn't love you, and the envelope was someone else? What if the envelope wasn't from Dio Brando personally?

     At home, you sat yourself in your library in between an abundance of books and smoothed out the cream dress the girls had to wear for school. Along with all of your school books and study books, you pulled out the letter given to you by Dio. Your name was written on the front  in beautiful cursive handwriting.

     You'd seen Dio's handwriting before, and it looked just like this. However, your brain wouldn't let you believe that it truly was him that sent it.

     The letter was sealed with a very fancy looking wax stamp. It looked expensive, too. Clearly, this letter was from one of the richer students in the school, and that could've been Dio Brando or Jonathan Joestar. Of course, Dio would never do his brother any favours, so it must have been him.

     You opened it carefully and stuck the wax stamp on top of the table. You took the paper out of the envelope and unfolded it, expecting for it to be a page from some sort of saucy romance book. Alas, no, it wasn't.

     The letter was carefully written with no mistakes and with no smudges in dark blue ink. Dio always wrote in blue. Your name was written elegantly at the beginning.

    The letter read:

    My dearest, (name),

     You might be wondering: who on earth
     would send you a letter like this? And just
     so that you are informed, this is, indeed,
     a 'love letter', as they commonly say.

     Allow me to get straight to the point.
     I have been admiring you for quite some
     time from afar, but I feel so close to you.
     I sit behind you in class and I take great
     pleasure in watching you work. It is quite
     entertaining to see you work so hard on
     something you could easily excel in
without having to work at all.

     (Name), you are the most intelligent and
     beautiful lady that I have ever met, and it
     would be an honour to be your boyfriend.

     With much love and adoration from,

     Dio Brando.

     You gasped. It was Dio! Well, there was a lot of evidence to suggest that it was Dio, however you just didn't want to believe it. And it was very unlike Dio to pour any emotion out onto anything.

     Immediately, you bid your mother and father goodbye and ran outside to ask the tram driver to transport you to the Joestar mansion.

     The trip took ten minutes, and those ten minutes were the most excruciating minutes of your life. The excitement from Dio's letter made you anxious and fidgety, and you couldn't stop tapping your fingers on the seats.

     Before you reached the Joestar mansion, you realised that the reason why you were so excited was because you were in love with Dio. You were unsure of what emotion you should be feeling - happy? Embarrassed? Scared?

     Alas, the great (name) (last name) has fallen in love!

     The tram halted to a stop and you hopped out, but not before thanking the driver and telling him when to pick you back up again. The large doors of the Joestar mansion looked intimidating to little old you, but the letter from Dio kept you going.

     Bravely, you knocked on the door, hoping to have Dio answer. The door was opened to reveal Mr George Joestar, Dio's adoptive father and the real father of Jonathan Joestar.

     "Hello, Miss," He said, gently smiling. "Wait... You don't happen to be the daughter of Lord (last name), would you? Oh my, you are! Come in at once, my dear! Tell me, who are you looking for?"

     "Er... is Mr Brando here? I believe he sent me a letter and I'd like to tell him what I think of it," you replied, nervously. Mr Joestar was quite talkative, especially now that a young girl who could possibly marry one of his sons is in his house. Mr Joestar nodded and ran up the stairs to fetch Dio.

     You took a seat in the large hall you'd entered into, taking in all of the sights in the room. There was a large statue of what you assumed to be the Joestar guardian angel that you'd heard Jonathan talking about before.

     While you were looking at the guardian angel's stature, you noticed another prescience. Looking up, you saw Dio Brando with his signature smirk. His piercing ruby eyes watched as you stood to greet him.

     His cheeks suddenly turned pink as he remembered what you'd come for. "Ah, er, Miss (last name)-"

     "Please, Mr Brando, call me (name)."

    "Alright, (name)," He took a deep breath, "is this about the letter?"

     You grinned. "Yes, and it isn't bad news, Dio."

     He sighed. "That's good. So what did you think about it?"

     "I thought it was lovely. What you said about me made me very happy and warm inside, and my heart seemed to be doing the trapeze whilst I read it."

    Dio hummed. Nothing was said for a while. He guided you back to the loveseat and sat down with you. Nervously, he patted his lap, gesturing for you to sit. You laughed as you placed yourself on top of his thighs, shivering as he wrapped his large arms around you.

     "And what did you think about what I said at the end?" He whispered in your ear. Dio's smirk grew as he watched you turn red.

     "What, your name?" You teased.

     Dio tutted. "No, silly. What I said."

     "What you said about what?"

     "Do you really need me to say it?"

     "Yes, Dio, as I have no clue what you are getting at."

     "About me... being your boyfriend."

     "I really liked that part. In fact, that was my favourite part. I'd love for you to be my boyfriend, Dio."

     "That's amazing," he replied, burying his head in your chest, "and I can't wait for you to become Lady Brando."