(REQUEST) jotaro x reader

title: she takes after me

requested by @ShadowdragonZ2000

     "...and you've got your phone?"

     "Duh. I wouldn't leave without it."

     "And your purse?"

     "I don't know why I'd need to buy anything, but yeah."

     "What about your spare shoes-"

     "Dad, seriously, stop worrying so much! It's not like I'm going to die or anything. And you're there too, so you can protect me, right?"

     Jotaro didn't know when she'd stopped calling him 'Papa'.

     Today was the day that he was to give his one and only daughter away to another man. Of course, like any other father on his daughter's wedding day, Jotaro was absolutely terrified, and he wanted nothing more than to just run away with Jolyne in one hand and you in the other. But, alas, he couldn't, and he had to respect his daughter's wishes, even if it meant giving her away to that pink-headed vermin with anger issues.

     How he managed to get Jotaro to say yes was a miracle. Anasui had actually asked for Jotaro's blessing in the middle of the battle with the priest, and he also wasn't even with Jolyne at that time, meaning that he just wanted Jotaro to give Jolyne away without Jolyne's consent.

     But many years had gone by since then, and Anasui had calmed down a lot. Jolyne had eventually gotten past his possessive and angry tendencies and had fallen for him too, and now they were getting married.

     It was in the same church he'd gotten married to you in, too, which made him tear up on the inside even more.

     The first thing the man had noticed while looking in the mirror at himself was that he had gotten slimmer and his muscles were starting to go. Perhaps it was because he spent most of his days either lounging with you or writing another paper, and not training hard at the gym like he used to all those years ago. You and Jotaro were both in your forties now, and neither of you were as fit as you used to be.

     Jotaro found himself finding the things he used to find easy slightly more difficult, and Star Platinum's punches weren't as precise as they were. He used to hate the idea of growing old, and he still does, but he supposed that he was happy to be growing old with you. But he most certainly wasn't happy with growing old only to see Jolyne wander off with her new husband.

     "...dad?"

     Jotaro was pulled out of his thoughts by Jolyne, looking into his eyes with concern. Her hand was on his cheek, and she looked quite sad herself. "Don't cry, you stupid old man! Come here..." - she wrapped her arms around his still slightly muscular frame and sighed. "I won't leave you behind, dad, I promise."

     He nodded, although Jolyne probably couldn't feel it. Looking down, his heart thumped louder as he noticed how absolutely radiant Jolyne looked. He could never imagine her in a white wedding dress, let alone with her hair down. Jotaro used to imagine her getting married in a black dress and showing up with bed hair, but here she was, making an effort, completely defying what other people thought of her.

     Jotaro was always proud of Jolyne, though, whatever she did.

     A timer went off on Jolyne's phone and she gasped, running to pick it up. "I suppose I didn't have my phone after all," she laughed, and put her phone in her little handbag which she was going to give to her mother. She turned to leave through the door, but Jotaro grabbed her arm before she could.

     "Jolyne," he whispered, feeling the tears well up in his eyes, "please, call me Papa one more time, for old time's sake."

     She laughed again. Jotaro could still hear the enthusiastic giggle she used to have when she was a baby, and her eyes crinkled up like they did back then too.

     "Let's go, Papa."

——

     "Do you, Narciso Anasui, take Jolyne Cujoh to be your wife?"

     "...I do."

     Jotaro's grip on your waist tightened as Jolyne and Anasui made their vows together. Looking up, you noticed that his hat was tilted down, although his glossed-over eyes were looking up at his daughter. You had never seen Jotaro so upset since the day Jolyne was born.

     That girl truly did melt his heart.

     "And do you, Jolyne Cujoh, take Narciso Anasui to be your husband?"

     It was as though Star Platinum had stopped time, and Jotaro suddenly flicked through all the memories he'd had with Jolyne.

     His mind went to that tea party they'd had (PERFECT TEA PARTY! IMPACTFUL CONVERSATIONS: 4) (sorry) in which she's force-fed him multiple hazardous looking biscuits, and she'd worn his hat for the whole day. He remembered that she'd even worn it to bed, which resulted in the badges being ripped off, making Jotaro get another new one.

     Jotaro also thought about when she'd stolen his 'cigarettes', but ended up just taking the many, many, lollipops that he kept in one of his drawers in his study. At that moment, he was extremely grateful for you, too.

     He couldn't help but wish that you'd had another child. But it wasn't too late, he concluded.

     Once time seemed to resume, all of Jotaro's emotions flooded over him as though they'd been building up over the many years he'd managed to keep them hidden. The tears fell down his cheeks, and you wrapped your arms around him as Jolyne finally answered,

     "I do."

     And that was it. Jotaro couldn't come home to a sweet little girl hugging his leg any more. It was likely that he'd have to go to her, and have to face the pink banshee every day, along with several other mini pink banshees (or, if he was lucky, they would have his hair instead).

     Before he knew it, the actual ceremony was over, and it was time for the new couple to walk back down the aisle. Anasui wrapped his arm around Jolyne's waist and gave her a squeeze, and Jolyne responded by lifting Anasui up into her arms and carrying him down the aisle.

     "That's exactly what you did," you said to your husband of many years, "and you were right. She does take after you."