(REQUEST) kakyoin x reader

title: beautiful

requested by @blanksouless

(Name) was looking in the mirror. Again. For, like, the fifth time that morning. Noriaki Kakyoin, her boyfriend with whom she'd lived with for a year or so, was still in bed. She prayed he wouldn't burst in and see her.

Jesus Christ, she'd be mortified.

She was mortified now.

Where did all of these spots come from, and why had they decided to come up now? No matter how many times she tried to pop them or cover them up, they wouldn't leave. And don't even get her started on her legs.

They were too big. She couldn't fit her hand around them. The legs of the girls in the magazines were slender and long, whereas hers were just big. Too big for her liking.

     How in the hell did Kakyoin actually like these?

     Her train of self-deprecating thoughts was cut off by the bathroom door opening to reveal a very tired yet worried looking Kakyoin. His cherry-red hair (which didn't really look beat in the first place) was sticking out in all directions and his purple eyes were half-lidded with drowsiness. Kakyoin yawned and stretched his arms out like a toddler as he spotted her in the mirror.

     "Good morning," he groaned, "and what are you doing in here?"

     (Name) stopped dead - she couldn't possibly tell him what she were doing. Instead, she made up an excuse.

     "I was... erm..." shoot, think quicker! "Looking at myself."

     That wasn't the best lie, (name) thought as Kakyoin raised an eyebrow in suspicion, he didn't take that at all.

     He stepped in, wrapping an arm around her waist. "Looking at yourself how?"

     (Name) said nothing. She was definitely caught red handed. But, then again, would Kakyoin have left her alone if he had managed to buy her lie?

"(Name), were you..." Kakyoin began, his grip on her waist tightening by the second, "...putting yourself down again, by any chance?"

Kakyoin's pink noodle tickled her neck, forcing her to stifle a few giggles because of the somewhat serious situation.

     The Hierophant continued to lecture her. "If you're thinking about the girls in those magazines again, I'll throw them out. They're photoshopped, (name), photoshopped! Of course your legs will never look like theirs! And yes, I knew you were thinking about your legs again, and let me just tell you..."

     He ran a hand across her thigh, causing her to squirm a bit in his grasp. "I," He started, landing a few butterfly kisses on her neck.

     "Love," he continued, his kisses trailing up her neck and across her face.

     "You." Kakyoin's lips finally touched hers as he held her in a tight embrace.

    They stayed in that position for quite some time before breaking apart. Kakyoin's amethyst eyes bore into hers intently, the tips of his mouth curved upwards into a very small smile. "And don't you ever forget it." He concluded his lecture with one more chaste kiss. She then felt happier than she was before, completely forgetting about the size of her legs and the numerous red spots on her face.

She wouldn't have to worry about not being perfect if Kakyoin was around.

——

     Later that day, after the small discussion in the bathroom, Kakyoin decided to take (name) out on a little date to one of the poshest restaurants in the city. After lots of protesting from (name), Kakyoin had finally managed to drag her out of the house in something formal.

     Currently, (name) was wearing a white dress  with a cherry pattern that reached halfway down her thighs. The bottom half of the skirt was looser and danced gracefully in the late-night breeze. The neck was square and the elbow-length sleeves were ruffled. There was a light belt that matched, giving more shape to the dress. Kakyoin had to do some convincing to get her to wear it, but he prevailed in the end.

While they were eating, Kakyoin held her hand from under the table. Of course, this kept her from using her knife and fork properly, but Kakyoin insisted on not letting go. He also flashed her quite a few loving smiles that always seemed to brighten her mood.

However, just before they finished eating, a couple walked in holding hands. (Name) didn't pay much attention to the man, however the woman was incredibly skinny. Her legs looked perfect, and her arms were very dainty too. She hadn't a spot on her face.

She began to feel quite jealous and embarrassed, her want to look like that resurfacing. Kakyoin quickly realised this and held her hand even tighter. (Name)'s cheeks flashed red, and Kakyoin smiled once again.

"You're beautiful," he whispered, stroking circles into the back of her hand, "and don't you forget it."