Jennie laughed. "Sorry I crashed your party, then."

"More like Jisoo ran away from the party. Eloped, actually."

"Why you gotta say that like it's a bad thing?"

After a while, Jennie and Jisoo said their goodbyes, and got into the cab that took them home. They'd had a nice long dinner date with Irene and Bogum, and the food had been amazing. The company had been great too, and Jisoo was glad to have been able to spend time with Irene. She'd been very busy in the past months after getting a promotion, but was now settling down a little more and would have more time for friends and family.

It was very late when they got home – way past midnight, and so they crawled into bed as soon as they could. Jennie knocked out the instant her head hit the pillow, and Jisoo went the same way soon after.

*****

Meanwhile in the apartment next door, Lisa had just woken to her alarm. Chaeyoung had promised to call her once she woke in the morning, and now, at 2am in New York, it was 7am in Chad. She crawled over to the edge of her bed to pull up her laptop and turned it on, and spent a few minutes flipping mindlessly through some random pages until her Skype pinged up. A smile spread to her lips as she answered the call and Chaeyoung's face showed up on the screen, pixelated and a little slow but still there.

"Hey."

"Hey," Chaeyoung yawned. "Good morning."

"It's 2am here."

"Technically morning."

"Right."

"How was your day?"

"Tiring. Bambam had me stay overtime because Jackson's AWOL – he did show up though, four hours late. Something about getting stuck on Long Island with his grandma."

"You poor thing. Did you hear back from the job that you applied to?"

"Chaeyoung, it's been three days. So no, I haven't."

"Don't worry, you'll get it. They'd be idiots to not take a genius like you."

"A genius idiot."

"That may be true, but you're still a genius."

They chatted on for a while, during which Chaeyoung got ready for her day – Lisa sighed quietly when she saw Chaeyoung take off her shirt, and Chaeyoung smirked at the camera. "Enjoying the show?"

"What do you think?"

Chaeyoung came back to the computer and sat back in front of it, wearing nothing whatsoever. "How about now?"

"Chaeyoung, I'm contemplating buying a plane ticket and hauling my ass over there. Stop."

"What? They're just boobs."

"Boobs that I'd gladly bury my face in. And your neck – god, Chaeyoung, cover up before I die."

Chaeyoung laughed, but got into her sports bra and scrubs nevertheless. As she proceeded to tie her hair up and pin the few stray hairs away from her face, she explained to Lisa about the twins she'd delivered the day before.

"...and then one of the babies was screaming and the other one wasn't even breathing, and I was the only one there, with two kids in my hands – I just shoved one into the mother's arms and focused with the littler one, and thank god he did start breathing after a while. Poor thing had some mucus stuck in his throat but I managed to get that out easily enough."

"So basically you saved a life."

"I save lives everyday, Lisa."

"You're a superhero."