Christmas Special: Oswald

𝓒𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓶𝓪𝓼 𝓢𝓹𝓮𝓬𝓲𝓪𝓵: 𝓞𝓼𝔀𝓪𝓵𝓭 𝔁 𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓻 - 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮'𝓼 𝓪 𝓒𝓻𝓸𝔀𝓭

He calls Y/N Hunny Bunny

-

Once upon a Christmas Eve, you, -along with your newly wed husband-, struggled to make sure everyone was gonna be ready for Christmas. You were stressed; no doubt.

"Ozzy where the heck are the stockings?!" You called from down the hall as he called back. "In the storage room, hun!" You were about to run there before skidding to a stop not a step later. "Which one?!"

For the past week it has been like this: you stressing over where everything is, making sure everyone gets a gift, being a mother, and everything else. Thank goodness was your husband greatly helpful, always being the calm and level headed one as you ran around the house constantly. "The one on this floor, hun!" You run there, Minnie seeing you about to slam open the door. "Y/N? Sweetie? I think you should be a little more care-" Before she could finish, you slam open the door to the storage closet; not a second later being toppled over by the mountain pile of stockings. "-ful." You scream, the said items muffling your voice. You heard a chuckle outside, before getting picked up by your husband, Oswald. He hugs you, him letting your head rest on his shoulder.

"Sweetheart I still need to woooork!" You stretched your last word for emphasizing as he chuckled, carrying you away. "Seriously it's nearly ten pm!" Minnie giggled as she and Mickey volunteered to clean the mess and hang them for each of the Bunny Kids. He doesn't respond, only humming as he brings you to the bedroom. He lets you sit on a bean bag by the bed, him sitting there as he removes your bun. "Come on hunny bunny, you're stressing your scalps." He massages your head, letting your hair loose. "But-" He hushes you, "Let me take care of you for tonight; alright? Just relax." You sigh, seeing no point in arguing. He grabs a hairbrush, humming All I Want For Christmas Is You as he brushes your hair. You stay quiet, listening to his voice as he goes on.

You were still tense; no doubt. But you tried your best to settle. To no avail still, although. The bunny kids bounce in; instantly giving your mood a boost just by seeing them smile. "Hi mama! Hi papa!" They greeted as they give you both hugs. The more mature ones, around eleven or twelve, gave you small massages. Your shoulder, the palms of your hand and so on. You sigh, smiling as your family tries their best to ease your tension. "Feeling better, love?" Oswald asked as he leans closer to you. You smile. "Yes, honey. But what about the decorations? The gifts? Arrangeme-" He clicked his tongue. "Shush it; I do not want to hear a single word about work uttered by you, sweetheart. I want you to enjoy Christmas and enjoy only. This is out first as a family, remember?" You sigh. "You're right, Ozzy...I just... get so absorbed into work that I keep forgetting that I have a family now." He smiles, "And that said family can help you with your work. Seriously. Minnie and Daisy would be honored to help you decorate the house. Goofy would happily help in the kitchen alongside Max and Donald. Mickey would gladly buy the gifts with the kids like Boris and some of ours. Heck, the kids alone could make the cards!"

You giggled. "So see?" He chuckles as he works on your hair; wanting to style it. "Now promise me you won't ever stress yourself on your own ever again." You chuckle. "Fine. I promise." He grins. "That's good to hear."

"How you feeling, ma?" One of them who was massaging your hand asked. You smiled as you urged them to come closer; giving them a kiss on the forehead. "I've never been better." They smile back, your younger babies also wanting kisses. You laugh, happily giving them some. Oswald smiles as he observes you interact with them so happily. You were an amazing mom. Ortensia would be happy to meet you.

He shook his head before negative thoughts entered his head.

-

You two hung outside; a few minutes before eleven as you talked.

"You know hun..." You raise a brow as you look up at him. You were laying on his chest as you two rested on a hammock. "Two years ago today...I lost the love of my life. Ortensia...was just like you." You blink a couple times, him showing a small smile. "She was perfect. Beautiful, caring, passionate...." His voice cracked. You realized he was tearing up. "Oh Ozzy..." You mutter as you gave him a hug. "She was everything. I was happy. Because... my life was perfect. An amazing family, amazing friends; perfect. Until of course..." He shuddered. "She left us. She was so young... I lost everything. I lost my happiness; my purpose."

"And then..." He says, moments of silence later, "I met you..." You face him. He smiles, still small. "Ortensia, when she was still alive but sickly... she told me as she was on her bed that... If she ever were to die, to not survive it, she said to make sure that I get a replacement of her that'll be a loving mom to her children. Not someone perfect, not someone who is unproblematic, not someone who is her replica. But someone who is real and loving. Someone who could make them, and me happy." He kisses your forehead. "And honestly, the moment I saw you, and got to know you..." He looks away. He contemplates, before sighing and continuing. "I only started liking you because you reminded me of her." You let out a silent gasp. "I know," He snickered, tears rolling out more. "it was shallow of me. But I was desperate. Until of course..."

He smiles. "When I really got to know you; I understood what she meant. I needed someone who could make me and my kids happy by being themselves. I started looking at you for who you were and not as a replacement for Ortensia. I saw you as Y/N." You smile, as he smiles as well. "And when you walked down that aisle as I stood at the very same spot in where I have married her... I expected myself to only see you as a version of her. But I surprised myself when I saw you for who you were and honestly...from that moment on... I had no more regrets." He chuckled. "In fact, I really think that if she were here today; she'd be really happy to meet you."

You could feel small tears threatening to get out as you smile. You near his face, kissing him. He kisses back, enjoying each second. "Thank you for telling me, Oswald... really." You kiss him once more, cherishing your bond with him and his- your, children a lot more.

"I love you, Y/N."

You smile, hugging him tightly. "I love you too, Oswald... Greatly."

Merry Christmas, hunny bunny...

The End.