Surprise

(Fast Forward)

Jade's POV:

"So you're telling me that she used up all of the milk for her stupid 'face cleansing' cream?" I ask in disbelief through the phone as I am currently packing up for our trip to Spain.

Time flew by these past couple of months, and things between Vega and I have been smooth sailing the entire time.

And no, before you can even wonder, I haven't convinced her yet about the KSR thing.

And yes, I know I'm cutting it SUPER close, coz after this trip.. I've only got one week left to convince her.

Honestly,  these past few days have been hell for me.. purely because I know that I have to cherish every single second when I'm with her..

And what makes it worse is the fact that I'm going behind her back to plan something so big against her.

I just.. I gotta get this to work.

I have to.

I'm risking a lotta things here, coz if Tori were to ever find out about what we're up to..

She'll never forgive me..

"... And now she's gone out with her friends, leaving ME to clean up all this mess. Unbelievable, huh?... Jade?.. Babe? Helloooo?"

"H-huh? Sorry? She, uh, spilled the milk on the counter?"

Yup. I completely zoned out there. And I'm so busted right now.

"Are you okay? You sound off." Tori's soft and sweet voice nearly makes me melt, but I try to hold my ground, despite how much I'm hurting inside.

"Y-yeah, I'm just.. just packing for the trip.. and yano, I don't wanna forget anything coz I don't wanna worry when we get to the hotel an-"

"Jade." She cuts me off, silencing me in an instant.

"We're going on this trip to relax and get away from all of the drama and stress.. so what's really going on?" She asks, much more firm this time.

"N-nothin-"

"Cut the crap, Jade. There's no way you'd be stressing over packing. You can tell me.." she soothes, and I almost feel like giving in and just coming clean about the entire thing.. but obviously I can't.

"I'm just tired, Tor. Anyways, do we need to pack towels or?" I quickly try to change the topic, but she doesn't seem to let go so easily.

"Jade." She repeats, kinda sounding like my mom at this point.

"Whatever you're hiding.. it's been eating at you from the inside.. and don't think I didn't notice coz I know my girlfriend."

Shit.

Quick Jade. Think.

"I swear, babe. I'm fine."

Okay not the best answer, I know, but it's all I could come up with.

She doesn't say anything, but I do hear her sigh on the other end of the phone.

Uh oh.

That's one of those 'I'm mad and disappointed' sighs..

"Do you remember.. when we went through that stage in our fake relationship, where we both didn't know if the other liked us back.. and we just kept getting caught up in the whole miscommunication madness.."

"Uh, yeah?"

Where's this going exactly?

"Well, if we had simply talked about our feelings sooner, we probably wouldn't have wasted so much time you know.." she sighs, and I feel extremely conflicted again about whether I should just tell her the truth or not.