The Truth Reveals

Jade's POV:

Ugh. I'm trying so fucking hard to keep my anger and jealousy under control, but it's fucking impossible to do so when I see my girlfriend cozy up to her 'best friend'. And the fact that he's drop dead gorgeous doesn't help make me feel any better. He even fucking picked up Vega and spun her around as soon as he saw her. I really wanted to kick his balls then and there, but I know Vega would probably kill me. For once, I'm actually glad Tyler interrupted their moment, so that I don't have to watch Ryan eye-fuck my girlfriend in the parking lot anymore.

I'm about to grab Vega's hand, but instead, she runs up to Ryan's side and links arms with him! A bit of hurt flashes across my face, but I quickly fix it into a scowl. We walk for a while, and decide to settle down near a sign on the beach. There's not many people around us, but there's still a few people within our sight.

"So.. how was Cali? How's Anthony and Holly? Oh my God, how's Em? You two are still together, right?" Vega asks, in a rush, not giving the poor guy any time to answer her questions.

"Everything's good Tor. My parents really miss you, and so does Em. You should come by our house some time, so we can have dinner again. Just like old times" Ryan flashes her a big grin, and I scoff. Vega glares at me but then goes back to smiling at Ryan.

Why the fuck did I agree to this in the first place?

"So, when did you break up with Daniel? He was a pretty cool guy" Ryan asks.

"When I moved to Hollywood Arts. It's such a great school by the way. Everyone's so talented, and I made awesome friends.. and I met my awesome girlfriend there" she smiles at me, but I'm not in the mood to smile back at her.

"So.. Jade. How long have you and Tori been going out?" he asks me, trying to spark up a conversation with me, and I roll my eyes at him.

"About a week" I mutter, not looking at him.

"Ah.. so what'd you like most about Tori?" He asks, and I raise my eyebrows at him. He sounds almost suspicious, like he knows that we're faking.

How could he possibly know.. unless.. Vega!

"Jade?" he asks, and I snap outta my thoughts of killing Vega afterwards.

"Umm.."

Shoot. What do I like most about Tori? She's annoying as fuck and acts like a goody two-shoes all the time. I guess she's good at singing and acting. But that's not what I like most about her..

Ryan eyes me suspiciously so I quickly answer him. "Her smile" I blurt. It's not exactly a lie. I really do like Vega's smile. She even makes me smile most of the time, which is pretty hard to do.

"Hmm.. okay" Ryan says, and I start to get anxious. He sounds like he's some fucking detective or something.

"Tyler! Don't go too deep!" Vega yells all of a sudden, and I see what she's referring to. The pre-turd's in the water, splashing around, having fun. Vega really did connect with that kid. I'm about to comment on it, but fucking Ryan beat me to it.

"You were always so great with kids Tor" he softly says, making her blush.

Hell no! She shouldn't be blushing at him. I should be the only one that makes her feel like that!

I grunt at them, and they turn around to face me. Vega scoots over to sit beside me on my towel, and she puts her hand on my inner thigh, giving it a slight squeeze.

Fuck. Her hand feels good there.

Vega and Ryan talk some more, and laugh about their childhood memories.. but I can't be focused on that too much right now. All I can think about, is the fact that Vega still has her hand on my thigh, and she's mindlessly rubbing circles on it, getting dangerously close to my duey.