I Promised I'd Try

Author's Note: Thanks to everyone who's reading, and thanks so much for the positive feedback. As always hope you like it :)

Tori's POV:

I wake up from my nap about an hour or two later, and frown when I realise that I'm alone in bed. I sit up, and run a hand through my hair. I somehow keep forgetting that Jade and I aren't real.. That I'm just a tool in her plot to get Beck back. As much as I tell myself that I shouldn't be falling for her, I can't help but to feel these emotions towards her. I just gotta keep my emotions in check every now and then, and make sure that I don't get too close with her. I hated the feeling I felt as soon as she reminded me that we're fake.

I sigh and get out of bed, and go downstairs. I hear voices come from the kitchen, so I walk towards them. As I enter the kitchen with a yawn, Tyler runs up to me and smiles.

"Tori! You're up. C'mon, I wanna tell you the story about how I-"

"Tyler, she just woke up. Don't bombard her with another one of your extremely long stories" Crystal cuts him off, and I chuckle as I ruffle his hair up a little. I see Jade on her phone, leaning against the counter in the kitchen so I walk up to her.

Remember Tori. Not too close or intimate.

"Hey" I say quietly, and she immediately looks up from her phone, giving me a small smile.

"Finally." she responds, and I roll my eyes at her playfully. Then, she leans in to peck me on my lips, but I quickly turn so it lands on my cheek instead. When she pulls back, she has a glare on her face, and I awkwardly just smile back at her. Before she tries to kiss me again, I quickly walk over to Crystal and talk to her for a bit. She's making some dinner, and we laugh about things for a while. I help set up the table, and then take a seat. Tyler sits down opposite me, and talks about his story, that I'm honestly not really listening to, and then Jade comes to sit beside me. As soon as she sits down, she forcefully grabs my hand under the table, and links our fingers together.

What's the point of holding hands if no one can even see us?

I try to remove my hand after a while, but she has a firm grip on it.

"What is up with you all the time?" Jade harshly whisper-shouts at me to the side, and I nervously shake my head, giving her a small shrug. She raises an eyebrow at me, but thankfully drops it, and we go back to our dinner. The rest of dinner goes by pretty smoothly, and as we're finishing up, Jade finally lets go of her death grip on my hand. But it only lasts a second, as she just wanted to go up to the sink to put her plate away, and then she's back to crushing my poor hand.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" Jade asks me all of a sudden, not looking up from her phone as she speaks to me.

"I don't mind" I mutter, and she looks up at me giving me a suspicious look.

"Vega, we really need to talk" she tells me, as she grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the dining room. I say a quick bye to Tyler, and a thanks to Crystal before I'm out of the room. She pulls me all the way upstairs to her room, and my arm seriously hurts now from her aggressiveness.

"Ow." I say in a bold tone, and she locks her room, making me a little nervous for some reason.

"What is wrong with you? One minute you're happy, and the next you act like you hate me. I'm having fucking whiplash coz of your mood swings Vega!" she yells at me, and I flinch at her a little.

"I don't hate you.." I say as I walk around her and sit down on the bed, trying to avoid her even though it's pointless to even try. She sits really close next to me on the bed, and I shift a bit to my left. I don't wanna be too close to her or else I'll fall for her again..