Hugs and Kisses

Jade's POV:

As soon as the final bell rings, I rush to my locker, ready to go home. Today wasn't half as bad as I had originally expected. Our friends seemed pretty okay with the fact that Vega and I are dating, and they didn't dwell on it too much, thankfully.

Vega's not that bad of an actress, I guess.

I slam my locker shut, ready to get outta this hell hole, until I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Great. It's my mom.

I press answer, and put the phone up to my ear.

"What?" I snap.

"Hi sweetie" I hear her say and I roll my eyes at her terms of endearment.

Yup. Me and my mom have an interesting relationship.

"What do you want?" I ask her in my harsh tone.

"My meeting's running late so I need you to pick up your brother from school"

I groan and hang up the phone. I don't really have any other choice but to pick him up.. unless I want to be grounded for a week.

I start the car and I feel my phone vibrate again.

I swear that woman needs to get a life.

I angrily pick up my phone, but my face relaxes when I see that it's a text from Vega. She asked me if I wanted to go to Freezy Queen with her and the rest of the group.

I do have some homework to do.. but when have I ever cared about revolutions and shit?

I don't bother texting her back that I'm going, so I just turn the car and drive towards Tyler's school.

Tyler's my 10-year old brother, and I barely ever talk about him. He's really annoying and he's always getting into trouble. He used to be really sweet when he was younger, but I guess he spent more time with me so he started to become a lot more like me. Rude, ignorant and selfish.

When I reach his school, he hops in without even saying a hello. I couldn't care less. Thankfully, he's on his phone for the whole car ride home, meaning he doesn't irritate me like usual. When we finally arrive home, he gets out without a fucking thanks.

"Ungrateful twerp!" I shout at him as he runs upstairs, and he doesn't even look back when shooting me the middle finger.

I don't even bother telling him that I'm going out, because I know he wouldn't give a shit. I grab some coffee for myself, and drive to the ice cream parlour.

While I'm driving, I can't help but to think about Beck. I really miss him and he doesn't even seem that jealous of Vega and I. He mostly just looked upset and heartbroken today at lunch. Hell, he wouldn't even look at me all day. I just wish I knew what his problem is, and then we can go back to dating and I don't have to continue being nice to Vega. I've literally never been so nice for so long in my entire life! It's so hard. See the difference between Beck and Vega is that I never really had to try and be nice to Beck. He kinda just accepted me for the way I am. He would try to make me be nicer to other people, but I refused to let him or anyone change me.

But Vega on the other hand. She just seems so upset lately after I blackmailed her. I mean, I don't blame her. She's had a rough couple of days because of me and she still has to act as if she really likes me.

Huh. I can now see why she doesn't trust me so much. Oh well, I don't really care.

The thing is.. every time I got mad or upset, Beck would be the one apologising to me. But it's the other way round with Vega. I'm the one who has to apologise to her if I hurt her. She doesn't apologise for making me mad in the first place. Hopefully, Beck doesn't stay too mad and takes me back soon.