18 | THE THREE BAD WOLVES PT. 3

Начните с самого начала

✯ ✯ ✯

"No forced entry. Vic took one to the head, three more to the chest. Not exactly a small target." Wu informs the detectives.

"Do you have any speck of sensitivity?" Isabelle inquires.

"No, not really." Wu replies. "Anyways, there were no shell casings left behind, no neighbors reported any gunshots."

"I'd say it's a professional hit. Which, for Portland, frankly is kind of badass." Hank comments.

"Except, of course, for the death part." Nick says.

"I thought he was supposed to be safe here." Hank remarks standing up.

"Me too." Isabelle sighs.

"Well her bike's here, so is his car." Nick retorts.

"Didn't find anything other bodies yet, but it's still early." Wu shrugs.

"Tact." Isabelle calls as Wu walks away.

"Hap!" Angelina yells rushing toward the yard with Monroe before being stopped by two officers. "No, that's my brother. That is my brother!"

"Let them through!" Nick instructs and Angelina and Monroe rush inside.

"Hap, no!" Angelina exclaims kneeling beside him.

"What happened?" Monroe questions.

"He was shot, four times." Nick tells him.

"Where were you two?" Isabelle asks, half not wanting to know the answer.

"We were just across the street in the park." Monroe answers before walking to Angelina and kneeling beside her.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no!" Angelina cries as her face becomes Blutbaden.

"Do you two see what I see?" Hank inquires, both Isabelle and Nick sharing a brief look of fear. "The blood on her clothes."

"Well.." Isabelle trails off. "I suppose there'd only one way to find out."

✯ ✯ ✯

"Monroe, why the hell did you leave him alone? His house was literally just blown up yesterday." Isabelle reminds him.

"I know, I just.." Monroe trails off before sighing. "I don't know."

"Did she talk you into that?" Nick asks.

"No. She didn't talk me into anything." Monroe shakes his head.

"Look, Monroe, we are your best friends right now. And look, if you don't talk to me.." Nick begins.

"It's my fault, okay? I left him alone. It doesn't matter why." Monroe exclaims.

"It does matter. And you know why? Because Hap is dead. And if she convinced you to leave so she could have someone else kill him.." Isabelle starts.