Chapter 32

It's been a month since they came back from the honeymoon. Things are going so well, Alhamdulillah. Aidah just came back home from Adda Meera's house. Abdallah was sick so she went to check up on him.

Sayyid is at work, as usual. She on the other hand is starting work next week inshallah. She has been sick for a while now. She has been having headaches and she had been sleeping a lot these days. She doesn't go into the kitchen much because she hates the smell of fried food and coffee even.

She is now in the living room downstairs watching Brooklyn nine-nine on Netflix when Sayyid came in.

"Hey there" He said slumping down on the couch next to her.

"Hi babe, I missed you today" She said, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I missed you too, baby." He kissed her head.

"Why are you back early today?" She asked.

He massaged his temple and sighed "I had only one meeting today"

"Oh Okay"

"What's for lunch?" He asked.

"Spaghetti, grilled chicken and avocado salad" She replied.

"Mashallahu, let me go and freshen up." He said and stood up.

He shortly came back all dressed up in a white jallabiya. He went to the dining room to eat his lunch. "Are you not eating?" He asked

She shook her head. "I'm not hungry"

She served him the food and sat on the chair next to him by his right. As he is eating, she was going through her Instagram feeds.

"Babe?" He called

"Na'am?" She answered not looking up from her phone.

"Kalla, look at this cup." He said showing her the glass cup in his hand.

"Duk jurwaye, So not clean" He added.

She sighed and shook her head. "Zainab!" She called her maid.

She answered and came in. She greeted Sayyid.

"Aunty gani" She said bending down as a sign of respect.

"Please close the door, Bana son warin mai ya shigo mun." Aidah said and  Zainab pushed the door close and squatted again.

"Did you wash this cup?" She asked

"Yes ma, I have"

"Then why is it still dirty?"

"I don't know ma, but I swear I washed it" She said.

"Yes you washed it, but you did not wash it properly. You're always in a hurry when you're working, your mind is always diverted to something else. Bakya tsayawa kiyi aiki da kyau"

"I'm sorry Aunty, it won't happen again" She said. She signaled her to leave with a wave of a hand.

She massaged her scalp and sighed. She is just so tired, fatigue.

Sayyid finished eating his lunch and they moved to the living room together. They sat on the three seater couch, she rested her head on his laps as he plays with her loosed hair.

"Your hair has grown longer." He said.

"Really? I didn't even notice"

"And you are getting more and more beautiful everyday. What's your secret, baby?"

"My secret? Hehe. Having an amazing husband that takes good care of me. That's my secret" She replied, cheekily.

She gasped playfully. "Maybe I'm pregnant."