Chapter 23

Enjoy 😉

Two weeks later
Borno, maiduguri

To say Aidah was scared would be an understatement because she's way beyond scared right now. Tomorrow is the kamu(catch) day. While today, Yassine and Aidah are getting their traditional henna done by the henna ladies.

The lefe was brought last week by Sayyid's family members. She wasn't at home when they came, she was at Amnas as it was tradition for the bride to be absent when the groom's family are bringing over the bridal gifts.

They are currently sitting in the balcony of Ammi's side along with her friends chatting and eating. While Yassine and her friends are at the other balcony in Mommy's side.

The woman is done with Aidah's legs and now started to put the henna on her fingers.  "Nadia, please can you get me water?" Aidah asked her.

"Sure." She said and handed her a bottle of water that was behind Ummita.

"Iman, please pass me that meat pie tray." Said Maryam.

Aidah looked at her. "Wai aren't you tired of eating? All you've been doing is eating eating eating tun dazu." She said to her.

She shrugged. "Have you forgotten that there's a little human growing inside my stomach?"

"Daman you're gonna use that as an excuse. Poor baby" Ruqaiya said. They continue to chat and have fun while their henna is being done.  

Later at night, her friends surprised her with a very awesome bridal shower. It was so sweet of them, it was held in a living room at the guest chalet. Honestly, she was so shocked because she had no idea they planned it. Probably Maryam and Dami's ideas, and the decoration with the help of Iman. She was wearing a powder pink silk top and trousers pajamas while her friends wore a baby pink silky robe. In their arms was written 'team bride' while on mine was 'bride' 

Later on they went outside and lite up the Japanese lanterns which was so cute and amazing. They had a lot of fun that day before going to bed.

Day 1 kamu(catch)
Kamu means catch. It's an event organized for the grooms family to come catch their bride. It starts with her friends not letting the grooms family see the bride until they pay a token.

4:30pm

"You can take a look at yourself now" Jide, the makeup artist spoke and spun the chair so that Aidah could look at herself in the mirror.

"Oh jide, you know how to make me look pretty" Aidah smiled.

"OMG you look so beautiful, Ya Aidah." Nadia gasped.

Aidah was dressed in a White saki(Fulani) fabric sewn by hudayya and paired it with beautiful and classy gold set jewelries and a Fulani necklace. Jide helped her tied her gele, when he's done he snapped a pictures of her.

Once she was through getting ready, Adda Niimah stepped into the room all dolled up holding her baby in her arms "You guys should go down, we are running out of time." She announced, complimented the bride and walked out.

The bridesmaids were ready too. So, they all moved downstairs to the living room along with the bride. They won't be snapping pictures now till after the event because they are already late. They went outside where the cars were waiting for them to take them to the venue which was Baba's guest house, that's where the Kamu is taking place.

On the other side, Yassine and her friends are already ready and are outside too walking to the cars. She was dressed in a blue French lace gown with cape and paired with a beautiful gold set jewelry. Her makeup was done by beautystamp

Once they reached the venue, Ya Aisha (Ya Ibrahim's wife) announced the arrival of the bride, Yassine since she is the oldest.

The bridesmaids lined up in two while the alluring bride stood at the middle. The bridesmaids slowly danced to the music playing in the background as they walked to the brides bed-like seat. The place was beautifully decorated, amouna was by the right while Aidah was by the left. Each of the brides sat down on their seats with their friends around them.

The event started with an opening prayer by the host, Ya Aisha(ya Ibrahim's wife). After that Yassine's groom family were asked to come forward and unveiled their bride. After they're done, Sayyids family members were asked to come and unveil their bride.

Her friends walked her to a beautifully decorated hut where they are going to unveil her. They closed the brides face with her veil immediately the women came in. They exchanged pleasantries with the brides family and friends before they headed to where Aidah was.

"Leema smile." Said Maryam. She opened her face and smiled at the camera. She immediately covered her face again.

"Amaryar Sayyid kinsha kamshi." One of the ladies said and yodeled.

"We won't allow you to see our bride fah Aunty until you pay." Said Maryam with a smile

The other girls nodded and murmured yes in agreement. They finished the negotiations and settled on 1million naira.

"Can we see our bride now?" Aunty Hafsa, Sayyid's Aunt asked.

"Of course, she's all yours" Maryam said and opened Aidah's face, who was fidgeting with her fingers smiling.

"Mashallah." They all said.

"Mashallah she's so beautiful"

"Tabarakallah mashallah." Another, said awed by her beauty.

"Beautiful, very beautiful"

"Sayyid is so lucky"

Came the women's compliments in Fulani and in Hausa. All the while Sauda and Ruqaiya were standing behind smiling at everyone. They sat next to Aidah and gave her a bone crushing hug.

"You look so beautiful Wallahi my brother should thank Allah everyday" Ruqaiya whispered and Aidah smiled, well blushed.

She felt a hand on her shoulder. She lifted her head up and saw Adda Meera smiling widely at her. "Amaryar mu, how's the wedding going so far?" Adda Meera asked warmly.

"Alhamdulillah Adda meera, where's Abdallah and baby Naznin?"

"Abdallah somewhere sunning around while Naznin is with her is with her nanny"

They chatted for a while before Adda Meera excused her self, she was looking for Ya Ummi. "You look beautiful by the way." She said to Aidah and walked away to where she was told ya ummi is.

Each and every woman from the grooms side started to spray Aidah's clothes with different perfumes. After the unveiling of the bride, she walked back to her normal seat. The 'yan koroso' came and started their dance. Koroso is a traditional Fulani dance I guess. Since Aidah wanted a Fulani themed Kamu, Ya ummi suggested they should call the 'yan koroso'.

They went to the dance floor with the grooms family and danced. Soon, the brides family too joined with the two beautiful brides in the middle. Money was sprayed like it doesn't worth a dime as everybody danced and danced. Like what do you say! The daughters of the richest man in Maiduguri and top five richest in Africa are getting married.

Aidah couldn't help but get emotional, she feel so loved, she felt so happy. Earlier she changed her outfit to a beautiful gold lace from Rex fabrics sewn by hudayya.

After hours of eating and dancing and snapping billions of pictures, the women from both the groom and the brides side left. Leaving only the grownups, mostly brides friends and grooms sisters. They danced and danced and danced. It Was a memorable day.

-Chiickadee🥀

TALES OF THE HEART जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें