Vagary

(n.) an unpredictable instance, a wandering journey; a whimsical, wild, or unusual idea, desire, or action.

Emma

It looks like a tower away from where I'm standing. I stretched out my hand desperately trying to grip any colored handle that's available above me. With this much distance, there's a likely chance I might pull my muscle arm.

Gripping the handle felt ten times worse when my hand can't grip the bar strongly. I couldn't even count the number of times it slides unstably from left to right. It also felt uncomfortable since there's a ton of moisture trapped inside.

The most scientific reason I could answer to explain why my whole body showered in sweat is probably that I produced too much adrenaline in the last few minutes.

The fact that humans can't control the amount of adrenaline that releases in their body scares me.

Does that mean that there's a chance I could pass out from too much adrenaline? What if it happened and people left me behind in the middle of the crowd?

It's concerning how there's a never-ending feeling of butterflies roaming around inside my stomach. You know that tingling feeling when you got called by the teacher to answer a question you have no clue about? I could surely guarantee you it's far worse than that.

Not so far from where I'm standing, people are fighting over a vacant seat looking like they're willing to risk their life for it. It's super crowded that not even a minute passed, all the empty seats are taken.

So, here's how it all started.

The alarm didn't work properly like how it usually does. Every day, I would make sure to plan everything the night before so it wouldn't turn poorly like this. Not even a single thought has crossed my mind that this day would ever come.

It's that bad.

No mistake would be considered as a "mistake" if it's expected right? Or that would just lead to a purpose mistake? Is that even a thing?

I shake my thoughts off.

It's quite surprising how I didn't manage to wake up though I set different times in the alarm. Usually, the slightest sound is enough to wake me up in the early hour.

Am I unconsciously slept walking to switch the alarm off? It's not like other cases would prove this strange habit. Is it because I'm too immersed in my sleep?

I know it's impossible to turn back to where I was before but I just couldn't stop thinking about other things I could do instead.

At least if fate is against what I have planned, give me the time to prepare myself for the future consequences I didn't plan for. I guess the world has always been this unfair.

Anyways, is there no other way I could run away from this situation? I just didn't want to end up in the same room as last time.

Like any other school, our school also gave out consequences if something is against their rules. Everyone that breaks the rule has to face the principle first.

It's common among the students that the principal room is every student's nightmare. I'm pretty sure most students in my school would feel the same way. Why? You may ask.