The Rose curse (Volume 4 end)

Start from the beginning

Mina: That's them!

Mina only knew as Ruby had her suit on.

A camera feed from Ruby's eyes can been seen on the side of Lily's visor.

Lily: Well, that helps.

She blasted towards the spot.

---------

Ruby fell to her knees and her mask receded.

penny walked over and put a hand on Ruby's shoulder as her swords returned to her.

Penny: Is everyone okay?

Ren gave a thumbs up even though he hurt his leg pretty bad from a fall. He was still able to end the Grimm but he wasn't standing until his aura healed his legs.

Nora: I'm all good!

Besides the minor bleeding from the head from her getting flung and her aura broke.

Literally none of them had an aura.

Ruby: Let's get Jade and mom.

Ruby tried to stand only to fall back down. She sprained her ankle.

Ruby: Son of a bitch...

The pain was starting to flood in.

Penny: I'll get them, don't worry, Ruby.

Ruby gave a small, pained smile and Penny ran away.

Nora ran over to Ruby.

Nora: We're all gonna be fine!

Nora's aura was already healing her wounds but Ren and Ruby were different as they didn't have nearly as much as her.

Mina: Psst, look to the sky.

Ruby looked up and Lily came down from the sky and landed like a superhero. I mean, technically, she is one.

Lily: Where is he!

Ren: I'm right here?

Lily resisted the urge to say, "Who would want to know where you are?"

Lily: Not you, my brother!

Penny: Over here!

Lily ran over to her and looked at Jade.

Lily: Yuh-oh...

He was not on the good side of things.

Lily: Yeah, I'm gonna take him before his heart stops.

Ruby: Before his what, whats?!

Ruby could just barely hear what she said.

Lily took Jade in her arms and Mina put his suit on.

Lily: Ooooh. His vitals are basically nothing!

Ruby's eyes shot open.

Lily: Summer's fine though. She's just out.

Lily boosted into the air as everyone watched.

Nora: He'll make it, right!

She ran up to Lily.

Lily just didn't say anything. She really didn't know if he would make it or not. It was purely up to if Lily could get him to a doctor in time as he was basically dead and Her supplying him with aura was barely keeping him from the brink of death.

Her aura reserve wasn't that big, so she only had about five to seven minutes before she runs out.

Lily: ...He'll be fine...

She lied to them as she didn't want to worry them. She took it immediately.

-------------------------

Later on that day, Ruby, Penny, Nora, Ren, and Lily were all sitting in a hospital. Lily could walk in the back but chose not too as she may have a license, but is not really an actual doctor.

She didn't go to med school for eight years.... only two. Yeah, to be twenty-three and accomplished so much is pretty crazy.

It was pure silence as everyone didn't know what to say.

It was shocking to see as Summer walked out of the back with two nurses after her.

Nurse: You aren't supposed to be up yet!

Summer: I couldn't care less. I feel fine, I am fine.

They couldn't grab her so she was free to leave even though it wasn't advised.

Summer: I'm good.

She looked to everyone and her face went to a confused look as she noticed Jade wasn't there.

Summer: ...Where's Jade?

Lily flicked two fingers behind Summer.

Her head turned to the nurses.

Summer: Okay, bring me to him.

Nurse 2: We can't do that! He's in a very... critical condition!

Summer: Damn it...

Summer walked over to Lily and took a seat next to her.

Lily: You okay?

Summer nodded her head and pulled her hood over her head.

Summer: Wake me when we can see Jade...

Even though she had been asleep for a while now, she could use some that wasn't giving her a nightmare or forced on her.

Lily: You got it, Summer...

And with that, they were forced back into silence. They were all a bit too worried to actually speak as Jade was kinda the glue sticking them together, sure, they would go on without him, but it just wouldn't be the same...

Ruby: He'll make it... he always does...

Lily: As that's the Rose family curse...

Summer: Always near death but never die...

End of Volume 4....