(3) Moonlight Melody

( i recommend that you listen to moonlight melody by red velvet while reading this.)

Song Inha

My boss just knows how to push my buttons. She's been making me walk around for days now, as much as i remember this isn't part of my job description... she make me do errands that arent even job related,this is so unfair. Cant she buy her nephew a gift herself? She even asked me to buy boba tea ugh, i hate her. I dont even know what 7 yr old boys want these days? Do they still like toy cars? Ive been tearing my hair out trying to think of a gift my boss would approve of.

I just went to a sales lady in a toy shop, and asked what's trendy with little boys these days. She did tell me it depends on the kid, so i just let her pick anything. Since avengers are really popular these days, she gave me a collection of marvels.

I hope this works, in my days DC were more popular. But What the heck right? Im not his aunt, Im just doing my boss a favor since I'm such a kind employee of our company. Im being helpful thats what I'm doing. I made my way to the boba tea she asked for.

Im being a good and helpful person.. yep Inha keep thinking that. Just keep breathing. My toes are aching because of this heels, when i arrived there was a long line. Great! Just great. I huffed. After a long moment it was my turn, finally. I waited for my order and sat down. I can finally sit down.

I was about to leave and go back but a guy almost bumped on me.

"Oh my." I closed my eyes scared to see if the drinks spilled.

"Im so sorry, i was in a hurry."

Wait. This is all too familiar. I looked up slowly.

"Its fine, no harm done." I smiled.

"Im sorry miss." He bowed.

"Dont mind it, its fine." I took a long deep breath and made my way back to the office.

So much for hoping...

Thankfully, my boss had nothing to say about the gift nor the drink. I went back to my desk and rested my head.

"Hey inha. Boss wants to talk to you." Joo my closest friend in the company.

"What now?" I groaned.

"Something about the Lim Project." I quickly stood up when i heard the word. This is my project, is she finally giving it to me? I fixed myself and posture.

"Do i still look alive?"

"And kicking." She chuckled.

"Thanks." I confidently walked to her office. I feel good already, ive been waiting to handle this.

"Ms.Song, you look happy." I just gave a small nod. "Please sit down." I did as she told.

"Did they tell you about the Lim Project yet?"

"No maam."

"Well, i know youve been wanting this and." She looked at me as i anticipate her answer. "Weve made the decision to give that project to Mr. Kim."

I felt like crumbling.

"Its not that we dont trust you, Its your team. You just havent reach that peak yet. Im sorry but mr.kim was the perfect candidate."