Prologue

~*~

Prologue

In times gone by, there was a small, thriving town in the very heart of Kavil. There, lived an honourable family that held devout faith in the gods and worshipped them diligently. Their beliefs led them to advocate for peace and kindness throughout the land. They spoke so passionately, their words so potent and heavy with meaning, sweeping across the nation like the powerful wave of a tsunami. But not a soul could have foreseen the dark, yet imminent future awaiting them.

It took one broken heart to conquer all.

A boy, who once had envisioned a world of peace, now dreamt of destruction and nothing else.

        And throughout it all, the gods watched from above as the people were slaughtered and their homes razed to the ground. Powerful beings who were revered so ardently merely observing the carnage below. Only one watched with tears in her eyes, feeling every single blow they received as if she herself was being tormented. Their screams and cries resonated through her, resounding in her ears with the haunting melody of war. Her lips trembled and her eyes sparked gold with fury as she fixed her gaze on the cosmic beings around her. Her shimmering dress fluttered around her as she stepped back, eyes strengthening with resolve. Her voice echoed with a melancholy resonance, the force of her words hitting them full force.

"Remember this moment celestial beings, for a fire will consume this world."

"It will burn bright and it will devour all that stands in its way."

"She will right the wrongs of this world."

~*~

Z M. Ivy