"What?" Taehyung asks in surprise.

"Nothing, its just....you got something on your chin." She wipes away a tiny piece of lettuce drenched in mayonnaise and Taehyung gives her a boyish grin, both cheeks still filled to capacity.

He was cute, perfect.

This was the feeling that Des longed for so desperately over the past eight months she'd been forced to be away from him. 

Her heart filled with content just sitting here, only the two of them at a sea-side burger joint a little bit outside of town.

"You know, this is the first time that you've ever brought me out to eat...is this like our first date?" She fishes, wanting to relax the atmosphere. 

Taehyung looked at Des, regarding her effortless beauty, the freckles on her nose had lightened and her hair danced around her face a shade darker.

But something else was different about her that he couldn't quite put his finger on at the moment.

"Can we stay out here for the day?" She asks eagerly, "I don't want to go back to Long Palm just yet where we have to hide and all that. You seem more chill out here, Tae. Can we stay here for a while longer...please?" She whined cutely.

"Of course," He finished the sandwich, crumpling the waxy, grease-proof paper between his palms.

"Do you wanna hit some waves?" Des suggests, "I'm dying to surf! Feel the salt on my skin again.." She smiles purely, hugging her arms around herself just thinking about it.

Desiree's candid demeanour made Taehyung's heart race and his stomach flip. A familiar sensation that he welcomed. Enjoying having these feelings invade his mind and body again.

Mr. Suleman had given him such a hard time since Des had left for Paris. His tactics became more severe since his and Desiree's last night together before she left town and Taehyung was convinced that Mr Suleman somehow, knew much more that he was letting on. 

One thing was for sure. Things were no longer safe for him and Des anymore in Long Palm. he had to be smart about every single move he made next.

Taehyung wondered how he would explain to Des that when they finally did go back there, it couldn't be the way it was before. If he ever had to see her or spend time with her, it would mean having to travel a bit further out of sight, like this. 

Mr Suleman had ordered Nathalie to move into the pool house as well. Now even she would ask questions if he went missing too often without an explanation. Taehyung felt more trapped than ever and it made him angry but he needed to play it safe. 

Taehyung was well aware that this time around, he wouldn't be able to give Desiree the time and attention that she was expecting from him...that she deserved. 

It wasn't fair to ask to her to stick by his side but yet still, he wanted her. 

Besides, the time was drawing near. With any luck, this whole charade would be over soon. He just hoped it wasn't going to be too much for Desiree to bear and he wouldn't wind up losing her before this could be all over.