"You're here..." she sighed wistfully letting her head fall back onto his shoulder. 

They stood there swaying in the silence of the kitchen.

Desiree always savoured Taehyung's embrace. 

It didn't come so often but whenever she was blessed to be wrapped up in his loving arms, the only words to describe what she felt would be- 'heaven on earth'.

Taehyung spun her around, shaking the girl from her day-dream. His handsome face smiling, eyes and all. 

"I had to come because I have a surprise for you!" Taehyung could hardly contain his excitement and Desiree smiled feeling amused by the look on his face. 

He suddenly grabbed the spoon laying idle on the counter and took a swift bite of the desert. 

Desiree had almost forgotten about that..

Heat flooded her face in anticipation of what he would think.

With full cheeks and eyes bulging in wonder, Taehyung turned to Des.

"Mmmmmm!" He mumbled, unable to speak before  cramming the rest of the tiny desert into his mouth.

"Tae!" She slapped his arm playfully. "You weren't meant to eat it all up in one bite like that!"

"Well how could I not?" He asked. Desiree watched fondly as his bushy dark eyebrows creased in question and she realised that he was dead serious. "Its fucking delicious, babe! I....I recognise those flavours..."

"Citron tea...strawberries..." Desiree answered quietly. "Its inspired by that story you told me about your grandmother.."

The young girl bowed her head slightly, rubbing her elbow. She rocked shyly back and forth on the balls of her feet, hoping that she hadn't over-stepped. 

It was a month since Taehyung had opened up to her about his family. 

He told her about his Mom and Grandmother who he described, were the most dear to him. They had both passed away but he wouldn't say how and she didn't push for an answer. 

It was enough that he'd shared this much with her. But when she asked about his dad, their meeting came to an abrupt end and he asked her to go home. 

She didn't hear from him for days after that but when he did finally show up again, he apologised and Desiree promised herself that she would never broach the topic again. 

Taehyung bit his lip, smiling. 

"You are...." He said lowly while reaching out a hand to brush her lips with his thumb. "You're really something...do you know that?" His smile widened and Desiree felt the ever familiar, warm bloom of endearment erupt in her chest.