He glanced over at Nathalie next to him. The stunning girl's eyes glistening wet with emotion as she thanked everyone for coming and fanned herself to abate her emotions.

Taehyung wondered what the hell she was even crying about?

Its not like the two of them were ever in love or anything like that. In fact, she'd had another lover the entire time they'd tried dating before he met Des.

 He even saw her flirting heavily with the pool guy just yesterday! so Taehyung knew very well that her affections didn't lie solely with him.

It didn't bother him that much though. He had been no Saint either.

As much as he hated the whole situation, Taehyung was fully aware that he had a part to play and so he did. 

If things were to go smoothly according to Hoseok's plan, then he would have to go along with the narrative, for now. 

His platinum blonde head fell back as Taehyung quickly downed the supply of champagne in front of him in one gulp. Setting the empty glass back on the table, he let out a low groan of annoyance under his breath. 

How much longer did he have to be here?

Mr. Suleman squeezed his shoulder painfully upon noticing and whispered subtly into the young man's ear.

"Don't you go messing up this wonderful night for my daughter, do you hear me boy?"

"Yes Sir..." Taehyung answered lowly.

He worked up the courage to fake a smile, his eyes greeted the people surrounding them. Some he had seen before- others he had never laid eyes on in his life.  

When Taehyung and Nathalie had entered the darkened restaurant and the light suddenly flicked on, the crowd had yelled, 'surprise!' And what a surprise indeed it was.

Taehyung looked around, feeling hyper-aware of where he was and who else he might see tonight. Of all the restaurants in town, why did they have to pick this one?

Desiree's father's Restaurant was classy and beautifully decorated because of the occasion. The atmosphere was made warm and intimate by the glowing light emanating from endless candles thoughtfully scattered throughout the space and bountiful pink and white flower centre-pieces adorning each table.

The beautiful young woman at his side had squealed in delight, clinging to his arm but Taehyung didn't have eyes for her.

No.

The most enchanting thing in the room wasn't the decor or the flowers but the young girl dressed in blue, standing shyly at the far corner of the room. 

She kept herself occupied, instructing the waiters and checking on the other tables. He noticed that she was avoiding his one and he could fully understand why.

Part of him was grateful. He had thought about Desiree day and night since he last saw her and was afraid he would not be able to mask his emotions if she came to stand right in front of him. 

A sad smile crept upon his face as he watched her every movement whenever she wasn't looking. 

The pretty maiden worked assiduously, flitting discreetly from the front of house to the back behind where the kitchens were.