𝓈𝒾𝓍

"When the sun falls, then the moon lights, might be a hell of a night."
- ScHoolboy Q

"Don't wear uggs, please!" Alicia begged me while going through my closet.

"I'm not going to. Is this okay?" I was trying on some clothes; a zip up crop top half turtleneck in black and a pair of black sweats were definitely something I felt comfortable in.
"Too much stomach?"

"Nah! It looks great on you!" She ecstatically replied. She's been looking at me in a certain way ever since I told her about Rakim and I hanging out at Jamba Juice.

"Really?" I wasn't used to wearing stuff like that to parties; as a matter of fact, I've only been to two in my life.

"Yes. This is such a good look for you, I think I'm gonna cry." She joked. "You definitely gonna make Rocky cry."

"Oh stop." I chuckled.

"Here, put those on too." She handed me an extra pair of her big thin silver hoops.

"Thanks!" I put them on. "So, who is this guy anyways?"

"The one hosting a party?"

I only nodded.

"Yams. I met him at the court years ago, while we were playing ball." She explained. "He's a really cool dude.

"Yams?" Where do they get those names?

"It's really Steven, but yams like butt cheeks. Two juicy yams, you know." She enlightened me and I couldn't help myself, I started laughing.

"Oh my lord, first time I'm hearing about this."

"Yeah, maybe Rocky can explain some things, now that you're his girl." She teased.

"Not happening." I waved her off. "Can I go makeup free?"

Eyeing me from top to bottom, she nodded.
"You don't even need that shit baby."

I pretended to blush.
"Well, thank you."

💎

We arrived at Steven's house half an hour later. It wasn't as big as I was expecting but still decent in size and there were a lot of people there. It reminded me of one of those parties from the movies. Entering, Alicia started greeting everyone she knew, dragging me along, holding my hand.

"I'm just gonna grab a drink, take a look around." I loudly said as trap music was playing in the background.

"Sure thing honey, I'll come find you. Stay out of trouble." She winked at me.

I shook my head and smiled back, then made my way through the crowd. It wasn't long until some guy at the kitchen doorway took my hand, gently dragging me back to the living room.

"Now I don't know 'bout you, but I just can't let you wander around by yourself, snowflake." He almost sang in my ear. Laughing at the snowflake comment I chuckled and pulled my hand back.

"I'm actually looking for someone." I tried getting out of it. He was lighting up a blunt, his eyes on me that whole time.

"Yeah?" He blew out smoke. "That me?"

I wasn't trying to be rude but I haven't found myself in those kinds of situations often.

"No..."

He cut me off, putting the blunt closer to my lips. I shook my head and leaned back.

"Thanks, I don't smoke." I politely declined.

"Come on baby, one hit. It'll feel good, I promise." He puffed on it, blowing smoke in my face.

I closed my eyes for a second, already irritated.

"No thanks." I said and wanted to leave but he pulled me back after taking a hold of my arm.

"Don't be like that, baby." He wasn't backing off.

"I'm not your baby." I made my toughest bitch face, pulling my arm back for the last time.

"Hey!" I heard a loud voice say. I turned around and saw Rakim, coming up to us and let me tell you, he did not look happy.

"Hi." I greeted, stepping closer to him.

"Hey baby." He winked at me, grinning, then his face turned mean again when he looked at the guy that was harassing me. "There a problem?"

The other guy was giving him a mean look as well, while I was just hoping it would only stay at that.

"I don't got a problem, her on the other hand..." The dude replied, pointing at me.

"How 'bout you go find your girlfriend and leave this one alone." Rakim snapped back at him.

"Yeah, whatever Rocky. Snow don't last a whole year anyway. Peace out." He said and walked away.

Rakim let out a deep, loud sigh but after his eyes met mine, there it was; that cute look accompanied by the prettiest smile my eyes have ever seen.

"Come on, let's grab you somethin' to drink." He gently took my hand, interlocking our fingers just a little.