𝓉𝓌𝑜

"You're lonely and depressed, you need a thug in your life."
- 2pac

"Come on A, you can't ignore cute guys forever." Alicia was persistent. About Rocky that is, or whatever his name is.

"I can try." I fixed my hair, putting an extra bobby pin in.

"What are you so afraid of? I don't get it." She asked.

"Do I have to be afraid of something? I just don't see myself with a guy like that."

Truth is, I told her how I really felt. Guys like Rocky are bad news; I also dislike loud and obnoxious people who think they're fly even though they're proving the opposite by acting like a bunch of monkeys. Girl pretty, me like type of attitude.

"Bitch, you need to lower your standards."
She chuckled. "Princes on white horses only exist in fairytales."

I scoffed, laughing back at her.
"Just cause I dance ballet, doesn't mean I'm Cinderella."

"Oh, come on... I didn't mean it like that. It's just... it ain't healthy, you need some male company and attention."

I smiled at her, shaking my head.
"Don't you worry about me."

💎

I had my early morning practice with Mr. Olivier and then went to class. Morning routines do exhaust me but what I was most looking forward to was meeting Alicia. After summer renovations took place, our academy and the public school now share the cafeteria. It's enormous! And it means I get to have lunch with my best friend every day.

Standing in the lunch line, I was waiting for some baked potatoes and cooked vegetables; I took a piece of salad, stuffing it in my mouth, as my eyes stared blankly at our lunch lady's sloppy application of lipstick.

"Moo." I heard from behind.

I recognized the voice right away, turning my head, only glancing to confirm how right I was.
Rocky.

"You gotta get some meat in you, baby." He teased but I nonchalantly rolled my eyes, ignoring him.
"I can take care of that." He whispered in my ear, earning two seconds of my attention.

"Bounce, asshole." I said, taking my plate. I'd much rather eat with Alicia than look at his stupid face. And those jokes were so 2005; lame.

"Hey!" Alicia greeted me, raising her hand.

"Hi!" I smiled and sat down across from her.

In that moment, Rocky and his buddies walked by; he winked at me.

"Hey, baby." He said to me, then greeted Alicia. She waved back at him, grinning.

Rolling eyes were my initial reaction whenever I thought of him.

"Baby?" She curiously raised her brow, looking at me.

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders, diving into my potatoes.

"Are you blushing right now?" She was teasing, because I'd never. Not because of him anyway.

"I'm not falling for that again." I smiled, chewing on a piece of broccoli.

"Mhm, sure thing baby." Slurping on her soda, she winked at me.

When I was sitting in my last class I thought a bit about myself and my boy situation; I did only have one boyfriend before and we never really did anything else apart from kissing, but he was nothing like Rocky or his friends. Elijah was sweet and a dancer as well; so he understood my infatuation with ballet and how devoted I am. Unlike Rocky and his snotty comments about my food preferences. I couldn't be with someone who mocks me, waste my time for nothing.

Practice after school worked like magic; I successfully forgot about everything else; it was just me on that stage dancing. It took me a minute to see Alicia in the back, sitting and watching me.
I waved at her and continued. Then I heard a whistle. It can't be.

I looked closer, noticing someone sitting next to her. It was him.

I finished my routine, trying to show how unbothered I was by the fact that I was no longer alone in my tiny bubble of happiness.
When the music stopped, I went to grab my bag and hoped he'd be gone after I come back.

He was. It was just Alicia, waiting for me; we were supposed to hang out at my place, mom invited her over for dinner.

"Didn't he get the memo; why does he keep stalking me?" I complained while we were walking to her car.

"What, others ain't entitled to some good old classical music?" I heard him say. He caught up with us. Surprise, surprise.

I sighed loudly, rolling my eyes yet again.

"Why you always doin' that?" He asked.

"Doing what?" I was playing coy.

"Rollin' them pretty blue eyes like that."

I cynically chuckled, looking at him with my right brow raised.

"It ain't that hard to figure that out." I simply replied, pulling Alicia by the hand.

"Bye Rocky!" She yelled while we kept on walking, leaving him behind.