Chapter 15- Terrible Liar

Dovie

"Party at my place?" I questioned Zoe and she nodded with a smirk on her face. Kol and I exchanged a look, concerned of everyone finding out about Kol living at my place. "W-w-why? I- I mean, why- why do you think its such a good idea?"

Zoe raised a brow in questioning. "It's not really a party, just a group study session for the upcoming chemistry test. Also, your place is perfect because your parents are going to be out this month."

My eyes widened in shock when she mentioned my parents not being home for the month. Mom and Dad were, in fact, leaving town for some business this coming Sunday.

How did she know about this?

"H-how do you know about that?" I asked, suspiciously.

Niti gave me a weird look. "You told us when school started that your parents weren't going to be home all of November and maybe December as well."

Then the realization hit me and I nodded, letting out a nervous laugh. "Yeah, yeah I told you guys that. I actually did."

There was a moment of silence and everyone just stared at me as if waiting for me to say something. I narrowed my brows in questioning and Travis rolled his eyes. "So, we're asking if we all can study at your place."

Quickly, my eyes looked for Kol because I wasn't going to be home alone anymore. If Kol didn't mind everyone studying there then I didn't either. I raised my brow slightly and he shrugged, more like nodded.

Niti looked between Kol and I, confused. "Why are you looking at Kol like you're asking for his permission?"

"Because I am—" I started, but quickly stopped myself when I realized that nobody knew about him. I tried to collect myself and cleared my throat as Kol was sitting back, enjoying seeing me fidgety and stuttering. "—trying to see if everyone wants to come over and study together."

Kol smiled to himself when he found Andrew scowling at him from a distance. Andrew was seating with his bandmates whereas Cassie and Noah weren't coming in today. Kol was enjoying every second of this. I will talk to him once we're home.

"Oh," Zoe stated, monotoned, without any expressions whatsoever. "Um. I think all of us are down because we don't want to fail chemistry this semester."

"Okay then," I smiled, pulling out my chemistry notebook and pen as Mr. Willing walked into the classroom. "I'll see you guys at my place on Sunday."

"Yeah, count on it," Travis stated as the class grew quiet and everyone settled down.

Mr. Willing had every single student under control and everyone respected him as well. It didn't take him long to gain my respect because he's the only teacher that actually wanted to teach. He's here to teach us and not just for the paycheck. And for that, I respected him.

For a moment, his longing eyes lingered on Niti as she was writing down the date. A smile formed on his lips before he licked his lips and went into his concentrated phase.

"Okay class, today we will learn about the stoichiometry portion of Chemistry," his deep voice informed us.

I turned to Niti who stared at Mr. Willing with a small smile. They both looked so in love that it made me realize that I never had anything like them.

I turned to Kol, and as if he could sense me staring at him, he turned to look at me with a small smile. He raised his brows in question and I just shook my head to which he winked. Both of us turned back to Mr. Willing.

I was waiting impatiently for Sunday.

_______

"Everyone must be on their way," I walked back and forth in the living room, panicking about the study session.