Chapter 6- A Chance

Dovie

"Where did you disappear to?" Andrew asks as we all sit on the couch, talking and laughing while some are just staring.

"We had to do something," I smile back at him.

I slowly look up at Kol, who is staring at me intensely. His gaze could literally burn everything between us. His eyes darkening when Andrew decides to put his arm around my waist while we sit on the couch. I jump a little, not expecting him to do that.

Slowly, I try removing Andrew's arm subtly, but I am not able to. I see Kol trying to get up, but Travis pats his shoulder and shakes his head, making Kol sit still, very still.

"So, who is ready for the play?" Niti tried to make the situation less awkward for me.

I mouth a thank you to her and nods with a smile on her cheerful face.

"If painting backgrounds count then I am very ready," Zoe answers back and I find Travis looking at her while she speaks.

There is a sense of longing in his eyes for Zoe. Any time she talks, he always forgets about everything and only pays attention to her.

"Playing Romeo has its perks," Kol smirks, looking at Andrew, making him very angry.

His grip around my waist tightens and a low gasp leaves my lips, making myself quickly stand up on my feet, confusing everyone.

"Uh- I need to use the powder room," I excuse myself and leave from there to go to a corner, away from everyone.

My hand quickly reaches my waist where a tingling sensation of a pinch is being felt. I slowly rub my cold fingers over my thin floral dress.

Not a second later, Andrew walks behind me and stops in front of me. "Dovie, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you, I just got mad and it happened. I'm so sorry."

"Andrew, what's going on with you?" I ask him and wait for him to answer, when he doesn't I add. "Since couple of days, you have been acting very strange. What's your deal?"

"What's my deal? It's Kol, he is the deal," Andrew answers back in frustration.

"What? Where did he come from?"

"Exactly Dovie, where did he come from? You make a boy whom you have disliked for a while, the Romeo. Then, you talk to him in class like I'm not even there. Now, you invited him over to this party? What is wrong with you?" Andrew accuses me, shooting all the questions at a time.

"Making him the Romeo wasn't only my decision, but also Mr. Street's. It's not that I dislike him, I'm just not very fond of him as other girls are. I talk to him in class because I don't want to be a rude person. Also, this isn't my party and I don't send out invitations. Also, don't follow me outside," I answer back annoyed, leaving him and walk to the backyard where nobody is.

I close my eyes and feel the breeze on my face. I take a deep breath in and out slowly. The air smells like grass, then it changes to a minty smell.

I open my eyes and find Kol standing right next to me with his eyes closed and looking at the sky like I was.

"What are you doing here?" I ask and he opens his eyes, looking at me.

"Nothing much just the usual, smelling the grass and all," he answer back with a smile.

I look away from him and sigh. Not wanting to upset Andrew, I turn to leave but he grabs my wrist, shocking me. He holds my wrist delicately, as if I were a flower. I slowly turn around to face him as he lets go of me and takes a step towards me.