Chapter 10- Figuring Things

Dovie

People stared at us.

The students stared at us as if we were all some walking dinosaur fossils.

Zoe, Travis, Niti, Mr. Willing, Cassie, Noah, and I weren't used to be stared at so uncontrollably. On the other hand, Kol loved the attention. Of course, he would! Not that he didn't get enough before, but now he was seen as the Romeo who stole hearts.

He wasn't even the Romeo!

Technically, he was until Mr. Willing replaced him.

But, he didn't care because he got the attention he wanted!

"Am I the only one who feels extremely uncomfortable being stared at like this?" I blurted out, taking a sip of my orange juice and looked around the cafeteria to find people staring and whispering and gossiping.

"Definitely not," Niti replies back, biting on some almonds.

"I feel like we're some Salem witches and they're about to burn us to the ground," Zoe shifted away from other's gaze uncomfortably.

Suddenly, a cheerleader came up to our table unexpectedly which shocked us all. I felt the adrenaline inside of me rushing for a fight or flight situation. I was thinking that maybe she would throw the first punch and I would be ready to defend my friends.

Instead, she smiled and said: "you guys were so amazing! Changing the entire tragedy Romeo and Juliet play to comedy was an awesome idea! Good job!"

What? I thought she was just as snobby and bratty as Chloe...?

I blinked. I turned to the others and they all blinked at me. We turned back to the cheerleader, I believe her name is Jada, and blinked again. "Um.. thank you...?"

"Yeah yeah, that is a compliment! We all were thinking of throwing a party tomorrow after the football game because our school will win. And, you all have to come because it's for the drama team," she suggested and placed a flyer on our table. "Come cheer for our football boys tomorrow. Until then, toodles!"

With that she left, leaving us all confused.

"Did I just hear everything right? Jada, Chloe's best friend Jada, came to us to invite us to a party?" Niti breathed out and I nodded.

"Also, she said we were amazing!" Cassie pointed out.

"I thought she was a bitch," Zoe mumbled.

Suddenly, a familiar voice called out behind us. His presence had me tended as he approached our table and stood just besides me. I could feel his gaze lingering over me. "Hey guys!"

I eyed Niti and Zoe who just smiled back at Andrew with a small nod. They have me a look and I slightly shrugged, not wanting to say anything to him. "Congratulations on winning!"

Cassie scoffed. "No thanks to you."

I felt him shifting uncomfortably and rolled my eyes, taking a bite of my sandwich. He deserved that because he left our play without any notice.

"Sorry, I was just pulled into another play by Mr. Street. He believed I could do better playing Jesus than Benvolio," he answered but nobody seemed to care.

"Hey guys," another deep and familiar voice chirped, making his way to our table.

Kol has a smile plastered on his face and immediately took a seat beside me, beating Andrew to it. I found Andrew moving away from the table slowly, realizing that nobody really wanted him there. I felt horrible but something changed about him and I didn't like the new Andrew. He scared me and made me feel uncomfortable.