Chapter 1- The Beginning

Dovie

When the news broke out about our homecoming dance coming back, everyone was excited.

An incident caused our dance to be cancelled, but now it's reinstated and in the works. It's going to be held soon.

"Finally Mr. Hall did something about that stupid incident," a girl says, twirling a strand of her hair with her index finger.

"I know right? It was so ridiculous," another one says rolling her eyes.

"Who cancels homecoming just because some kids got drunk?" A boy retorts.

Our homecoming was canceled last year because of couple of kids who came to the dance drunk and caused a scene. It was so humiliating but they were the popular kids so nobody said anything to them. Instead everyone joined them causing a huge chaos.

I sigh and look at Andrew next to me who's been staring at me for minutes now. "What? What's on my face?"

"Beauty," he winks making me blush.

Andrew and I have been together ever since we have known each other, which is basically when we were born. He is three months older than me. His dad and my dad have been friends since high school, which made us close friends for a long time and we never realized when that friendship turned into love.

"That is just really cheesy and cringy," Zoe snorts and Andrew rolls his eyes.

This is Zoe Kenebrew, my best friend. We have known each other since elementary. She is one of the best people I have ever met. To others, she is really mean but to me she is the sweetest human being.

"Of course its cheesy and cringy to you. That is one of the sweetest things I have heard Andrew say," Cassie says rolling her eyes and shifting her attention to Andrew. "You're one love guru."

This is Cassie Cooper, my other best friend. She is very sweet and caring when it comes to us. She does talk stupid at times but that is just how she is. Her and Zoe are always arguing about love and romance, one topic which they are polar opposites on.

"Love is shit," Zoe retorts.

"Says the one who fell for a player," Cassie says as a joke but quickly feels guilty about bringing it up.

Zoe keeps quiet and I see her eyes traveling to Travis who's sitting down with his group of friends, not paying attention to them.

"I'm- I'm so sorry Zo, I didn't mean to bring him up," Cassie quickly apologizes for being Travis up.

"It's not your fault Cass," Zoe replies back with a small smile.

Cassie smiles as Noah holds her hand in his. Noah Fields is Cassie's boyfriend. Cassie and Noah believe in love at first sight and one true love. They met over a year ago and have been dating ever since.

"Who are we to talk about love? We are just in high school, we haven't even seen the real world yet," Niti says fidgeting with the eraser sitting on her desk.

Niti Jha, my other best friend, a sensible person who is always there for you. I don't remember a time when she didn't solve one of our problems. She's kind of an adult in our group filled with childish people.

"Here's our Niti speaking Gandhi's truth once again," Andrew jokes and everyone starts laughing.

"I'm serious though. We don't know shit about the outside world yet, we haven't even seen it yet. You never know who you end up with," she says looking at me and Andrew.

I turn my head to face Andrew and look back at Niti whose eyes never leave mine. For a long time Niti has been asking me for a reason of why I'm dating Andrew. I told her because I love him and I care for him. Yet, she thinks that it's not because of that.