|| C H A P T E R 28 ||

Start from the beginning

"What about your mom and sister?"

I shrugged, "she hasn't called me yet. I don't know if they're staying here also or they actually rented and Airbnb."

She pulled her suitcase up on the bed next to mine, "maybe you should call her?"

"Yah, I'm going to step outside, I'll be right back," I grabbed my phone and stepped out into the hallway of the hotel. Dialing my mom's number I wait for her to pick up.

"Hello? Grace? You there honey?"

My hand reached up to the back of my neck. A nervous tick, "Hey, um-" I cleared my throat, "Yah it's me."

"It's great to finally hear from you, did you make it here? Or is that why your calling? Did you find the note to late?"

"I found the note and made it time. I've already checked into the hotel," I leaned up against the wall.

"Oh, that's great! We're staying in the same hotel. However we're not there right now. We will be back around midnight," I heard voices on the other end. Cali wanting to get the phone.

"Oh um. Okay. I'll talk to you tomorrow? We can meet up to have breakfast?"

"That sounds great honey. I have to go though, will you be okay on your own?"

"I'll be fine," I rubbed my eyes, "you know I know the city like back of my hand after coming here every thanksgiving."

"I know sweetie. I still still worry about you. I love you! Let me know your plans for today so i'll know where you be."

"I love you to, and I will." the line went dead. I sighed. I guess that went good.

Going back inside I face plant on then bed.

"So how'd it go?"

"Better than I expected it to."

"Good, so what are we doing?"

I looked up at her. She's now fully dressed wearing a red black and white plaid skirt, with a pale pink sweater, "I like it better when you're wearing less clothes."

She shakes her head and gets up, "not to under or over dressed?"

I rolled over on my back, "I don't think so," I pulled my phone up to my face and clicked the video chat button on insta to video chat with Alison.

"What's up biotch?" She screamed at the phone sticking out her tongue.

I rolled my eyes, "so what's the move?"

"I was just about to send you the address with you impatient ass!" She seemed to be sitting down somewhere when the phone rotates showing she sat in front of a mirror.