I'd be happy if my daughter grew up to be the kind of person Rena is.

I looked at the small velvet box that was in my hand.

My curiosity increased and I unzipped the box. When I opened it, I found some jewellery within it, but only one piece caught my eye and nearly made me choke on the air I was breathing.

It was the charm bracelet that I had given Serena years ago when we were younger, as a thank you for helping me out so much.

The bracelet still looked like it was in perfect condition, with each of the individual charms I had gotten her still on it. They represented things that made me think of her, and they were all still there.

Picking it up, I held it in my hand, the delicate metal feeling cool against my palm.

"She kept this. After all this time," I whispered to myself.

"Liam, why is Bea grumbling upstairs about not being able to wear her pyjamas?" Rena's voice then snapped me out of my daze.

I quickly jumped out my seat and looked at her with the bracelet in my hand, as she smiled walked into the room.

I probably looked all kinds of guilty right now.

She had her hand rested on her waist. "You know if I-" she stopped in the middle of her words and looked at the bracelet. "Where did you-" she began to say.

I looked down at the box I had left on the sofa. "It was inside this," I said and looked back up to her. "You kept this?" I asked her.

Rena looked at the bracelet, as if she were remembering something, like I had just done.

She then looked at me with a smile. "I mean, yeah, of course I did."

She'd said those words so casually, as if there were no question about it, but for me, I felt like I was only filled with questions.

"But after everything?" I asked her, in reference to not only how much of an asshole I'd been to her, but also, so much time had passed between us.

I know Chris had told me Rena would sometimes wear it, but that was back when they were in college. I didn't expect her to still have it with her.

"Well, I stopped wearing it, but it doesn't mean I just threw it," Rena told me. "Although, I thought I kept this somewhere else. I didn't realise I put it in here," she added.

I smiled look at the charm bracelet I still held in my hand. "I really thought it would've broken by now."

Rena snorted in response. "Liam, this is me. I still have books from college and high school kept in neat condition," she said.

Yeah, makes sense, she was always a bit of a neat-freak.

"Would you...will you wear it again?" I asked her.

My voice sounded timid to even myself.

Serena raised her brows at me. "Now?" She asked, clearly surprised by my question.

"Please?" I asked her and she smiled.

"Help me put it on?" She asked and I nodded.

Rena took steps closer to me, and then held out her wrist towards me.

Gently placing the bracelet around her wrist and clasping it, I smiled. It felt like we were back to being kids, when I first gave her the bracelet.

"It looks perfect," I commented and Rena smiled at me, as she ran her fingers over the bracelet gently.

"Thank you," she said and before I could say anything, we both heard Bea's voice yelling out that she was hungry.