Untouchable

"Good morning beautiful," Theo allows his thumb to trace my forehead and tuck my tangled curls behind my ear.
"Hi," I giggle slightly embarrassed, knowing I probably look horrendous.
His lips part as he smiles. He pulls me onto his pillow, kissing my neck. He moves his lips to my back and lightly grazes his teeth against my skin. I let out a muffled laugh as he digs his fingers into my side tickling me.
"I think we should get breakfast," he nuzzles his nose at the nape of my neck.
"That sounds lovely," I roll to face him and rest my hand on his cheek.
He gets to his feet and pulls a white collared shirt from his closet. I settle my feet against the cold hardwood and slip my dress back on. I make my way to the vanity and attempt to comb my lion's mane. Feeling defeated, I gather it into a bun. Theo treads in behind me and wraps his arms around my waste.
"Are you sure you don't need another shower?" He teases kissing my neck.
I fan him off and take his left hand in my own.
When we reach my porch he lightly caresses my cheek with his lips, and promises to call me after work. As he heads back to the station I quickly scour the area for Damon. The train pulls away, and I enter the house. No one should be home I figure.
I approach the monitor and filter through my unread messages. Three from Emery, two from my mom, seven from Damon, and one from the Capitol. I swiftly scroll through the ones from Damon and Emery, basically begging me to call as soon as I'm home, same as my mother's. The Capitol's message contains my operation instructions. In three days I am to travel to the Capitol to attend the induction where I will receive my assignment.
Immediately I reach to call Theo, forgetting that he's working. Instead I scribble him a short message, being sure to end with a heart. I decide to start messaging Damon when Marli comes flying through the front door.
"BRITT MY TATTOO IS ON FIRE," her voice echoes through the house as she panics.
"You're just being matched," I attempt to reassure her.
"Are you sure? I'm supposed to have a few years left?" She's shouting now.
"Calm down, you'll be fine. We get matched when we're ready." I pull a water bottle from the monitor and encourage her to drink it.
"You weren't ready," he voice cracks.
"Damon isn't my match," I wasn't ready to let anyone know, but it slipped.
"What are you talking about?" She sits up, instantly feeling better.
"I met a boy at the parlor, that's why I passed out. He is beautiful, Marli," I sigh.
"Does Damon know?"
"No, I'm not sure how or if I should tell him." I tug at my bun.
"You'll need to, but that's up to you to figure out," and with that she prances up the staircase to her bedroom.