Come in with the Rain

When I awoke the bay window reflected only a sliver of moonlight. Theo had his arms wrapped around my waist, and my right cheek rested on his chest. I spun my wrist watch to check the time: far passed curfew.

"Theo," I nudge his body. He continues to lightly snore in my ear.

"Theo," I raise my voice slightly and poke his cheek.

"What?" He groans in a throaty, morning voice. His eyes look groggy and his hair slightly askew.

"It's passed curfew..." I worry.

"Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. I never meant for this to happen. Are you parents going to be upset? You know we can't leave now." He springs up from the couch.

"I don't really know. I guess I'll find out tomorrow." I shrug.

"Well, are you hungry?" He reaches up to grab the back of his neck. His lips part revealing perfectly aligned teeth in an awkward smile.

"Kinda. Would you like me to make something? I don't suppose you eat packaged meals?" I join him in the kitchen.

"Yeah, I don't, but I do have lots of groceries." He pulls open the refrigerator revealing hordes of vegetables, fruits and various others.

"Give me half an hour," I wink and make a kiss noise.

"Thank you, I'm gonna go set up the couch. You can sleep in my room." He disappears down the hallway.

I set two plates on the counter and pile Chicken Alfredo and broccoli onto both. I place napkins and silverware on the sides.

"Dinner is ready!" I holler.

Theo comes in wearing sweatpants and a tight t-shirt. He opens the cupboard above the sink and pulls out two wine glasses. In the cupboard above the refrigerator, he pulls out a bottle. Maroon liquid stains the glasses as he pours. He sets one at each plate and takes his seat.

We scarf down our food. Considering we hadn't eaten since before the hospital, and that it was well after midnight, we were obviously starving. Theo took our plates to the sink, running lukewarm water over the ceramic surface then placing them into the dishwasher. I took my wine and settled into the corner of the sofa. Theo curled up next to me.

"Let me show you my room," he took the final sip of his wine and left it on the coffee table.

I followed him down the hall. The bedroom was the very last door. He had an enormous bed. It faced a black-stained, wood dresser and had matching side tables. The comforter was eggshell white with slightly darker stripes. He had identical lamps on either side of the bed. His room was fairly plain.

"Here's the bathroom, if you'd like to shower," he motioned to an open door leading to a vanity.

In the bathroom there were two sinks, a large tub, a gigantic shower and a toilet in the corner.

"Your house is lovely," I take it all in, admiring each detail.

"I got lucky. There are towels in the closet." He turned on his heels and padded back down the hall.

I unzip from my blue dress and carefully peel off my nylons. I lean over the faucet and make several failed attempts to turn it on.

"Theo!" I cry pulling a towel over my semi-naked body.

"Yes?" He pokes his head in.

"Can you turn it on?" I plead.

"Of course!" In one swift motion he twists the water on checking the temperature and adjusting accordingly.

I smile at his ability to make everything he does seem effortless. He pulls back from the shower and showcases his set of teeth. Again, he grips the back of his neck nervously. I bit my lip.

"Well, there you go," he motions to the streaming water. The steam clouds the mirror and fogs the bathroom.

"Thank you," I lean in to kiss his cheek, but find myself making contact with his lips.

I latch my arms around his neck and throw myself onto him, causing my towel to fall to the floor. He wraps his arms around the small of my back. I tug at the back of his shirt until he helps pull it over his head. He kisses me harder. He lightly trickles his tongue across my lip. I part my lips; my tongue follows his as I pull at his sweatpants. They fall to the floor, and I settle my hands at the nape of his neck. He grasps at my bra clasp, popping it off and letting it flutter to the tile. I wiggle out of my panties; he pushes the shower door open and pins me against the wall.

The water douses our kisses. The steam collides with our heavy breath. His lips taste like sugar and his tongue like alcohol. His hands feel like satin against my wet skin. I shove him to the other wall and move my hands to his jaw. He clutches my thighs and pulls me around his waist. I kiss his neck.

The water went cold. I padded my hair dry with his white towel. He tied his towel around his waist and let his body drip dry,

"Can I borrow something to sleep in?" I realize my only clothing consists of black nylons and a very uncomfortable dress.

He pulls a tattered tee from a drawer, and he tosses it my way. He slides on briefs a throws his towel into the basket. I pull my panties back on and place his shirt on top. I fold my other clothing neatly and set it on the dresser. I climb onto the mountainous bed and take cover.

"Well, goodnight." He clutches the door frame.

"Sleep with me?" I pull the covers down on his side. He smiles widely and takes me in his arms.

Missing PiecesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara