Chapter 57: War zone (part 1)

Magsimula sa umpisa

Sighing deeply, I took a one last glance at them before turning around, leaving them in their most devastated moment. I leave the house with one goal in mind: bring my siblings back. Dad has a plan but I am too eager to bring them home. I cannot wait any longer.

Just when I walk towards Sakuragi, I saw a lean man leaning at my bike. He's wearing a black leather jacket beneath was a white plain shirt, black pants and a black ankled-boots. His black as night hair stubbornly fell over covering his left eye. He looked like a handsome-modern grim reaper on his black's. Seeing me approach, he straightened his back, shove his left hand in his pocket and bore his eyes at me longingly.

"I don't want to put you in trouble" I said, voice soft and pleading. I snaked my arms around his neck and tip toe to nuzzle his delicate and pale neck. Inhaling his perfume and natural scent, my nerves calmed down.

He shook his head, planting soft kisses on my temple as he embraced my small waist and steady me up. "News flash, I'm already in trouble" he whispered on my cheek, his soft lips brushing my skin sending shiver down my spine.

I groaned and pulled away just to see his usual mischievous gaze. The corner of his lips tug as an amusing smirked plastered on his handsome face.

"Genesis, I'm dead serious. Akari is not just a girl, she's the reincarnation of the devil. Hindi ko alam kung ano pa ang mga kaya niyang gawin--heck, I don't even want to think about it!" It wasn't my intention to sound like a scared rat. I just couldn't help but be a pessimist. Hating to admit this but I am scared. Akari has my siblings, hindi ko maimagine ang takot na nararamdaman ni East at West sa mga oras na ito. They are too innocent to be a victim of Akari's cruelty.

Genesis held my chin and made me look at him, his dark eyes matches the night sky, dark but protective. The mischief on his eyes were gone and replaced by certainty and audacity. "Listen, bebe. I am not gonna let you do this alone. You fight for your siblings and I fight for mine. They captured Josiah as well, remember? And I'm gonna make her pay for trying to capture Isaiah and for exploding our school that caused harm to Psalm. I am not gonna let that bitch hurt my brothers, nor you" he said firmly.

I swallowed, weighing the cons and pro's but eventually I found myself closing my eyes and nodding at him. He kissed my forehead making me look at him again.

"I'm scarred.." I confessed.

He caress my cheek, his touch has a magic to calm my nerves. "Don't be. I'm here."

I buried my face on his hard chest as he hugged me, like he's protecting me from Akari, from dangers outside, from the world.

Hindi ko akalain na darating ako sa punto ng buhay ko kung saan nakapende na ang lakas ko sa ibang tao. I always believed in myself, I always follow what I think is right for me. But right now, everything seems like fuzzy, I am lost in the middle of nowhere and Genesis was my compass, I needed him more than I needed a water to keep me sane.

**

We debate who will drive my big bike. I insisted that it's my own so I drive it but Genesis smart-ass comeback was, "I am not gonna let you drive. Not now that you're in the verge of losing your mind so let me handle this one and I promise you to keep us alive until we reached our destination."

I frowned and ready to make an argument when my phone ring inside my pocket, I fished it out and saw Vape calling me. Tinignan ko muna si Genesis na nakataas na ang kilay habang nakatingin sa cellphone ko bago nag-angat ng tingin sa akin. Umiwas ako kaagad at bahagyang tumagilid bago sinagot ang tawag.