Thirty

Last chapter

Mike got Will home safely and made sure he had everything he needed and went home.

He had to make sure his mom could stop him from going out because if he did and ran into Troy, he would kill him.

Richie and Eddie were over and didn't question anything when he came in soaking wet looking pissed off.

He took a quick shower and didn't change into sleeping clothes just in case. After a few minutes of him pacing around his mom called him downstairs.

"What's wrong honey? You look upset." She ushered him to sit down. "I'm fine mom, just tired." He lied.

"Are you sure?" She tried to keep the conversation going. "Yes mother, just peachy." Mike gritted his teeth.

She finally let him go upstairs and told him to get some sleep. He wasn't going to sleep after his first love was almost killed. He said he was going to though.

After the house was silent he put on his hoodie and climbed out his window. Troy wouldn't be home he was too rebellious against Steve. The first place he checked was the quarry.

He checked in all the places Troy is known to hang out. He finally found him at the school with friends. All Mike had to do was get his friends away. He looked around for a solution.

A police car was parked halfway down the block, it didn't seem to have anyone in it so Mike crept over to it and was thankful the windows were down.

Now he just had to find out how to set off the siren. He saw a switch that looked pretty convincing so he flipped it and jumped when the siren went off.

A few kids ran across the street, away from the school. He didn't see Troy. He ran back to the school and there Troy was, leaning against the brick wall.

"Hey, dickhead." Mike greeted. "What the fuck are you here for?" Troy sneered. "You took something of mine."

Will forgot to mention it but Troy must've taken the ring Mike got Will in second grade. It was a fake diamond ring that Mike found and Will wanted.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" Troy was struggling to sound tough. "It was on a necklace that was around a certain twinks neck."

Troy was paying full attention now, he even got off the wall. "Excuse me?" Troy stepped closer. "You heard me." "What did he fucking tell you?" Troy tapped his foot impatiently.

"Nothing, he didn't have to. It was shitty to have to find my boyfriend half-dead in the place we called safe." Mike looked at Troy in disgust.

-
-
-

"Who was found where?" Will asked his mother when he came into the kitchen. She was watching the news. She turned it up and when Will looked at the screen he dropped the toast he stole. "Troy?"

He got ready and went to Mike's house. "What did you do?" He whispered when he got into the room. Mike shrugged and bit his nails.

"I have to go today, you know." Will bit his lip nervously. "Ok, I'll meet you at your house. Call me when you're leaving."

"I'm leaving as soon as I go back home. I just want to know what you did to Troy." Will raised his voice.

"I said I'd do anything for you..." Mike trailed off and looked into Will's eyes. "Oh god." Will sobbed softly.

He got on his knees in front of Mike and grabbed onto his hands. "You didn't- I should've- You didn't have to do that for me," Will whispered.

After hugging the two boys walked to Will's house. They packed his stuff into his mom's car that he was now using.

"This is it," Mike mumbled. "Yeah, I decided that we should just be friends," Will said right away. "Oh um, that's fine." Mike lied with a smile.

Mike leaned in for one last kiss but was stopped by Will. "I can't, just friends. Remember?" Mike nodded and covered his face to hide his hurt expression.

"Bye Will. I love- just bye." Mike cut himself off and watched Will drive away. He took half his heart with him that he knew getting could never get back.

Sequel??