Twenty one

Two whole months. That's how long Mike has been in the the psych ward. Will used to call everyday but stopped a few weeks ago.

Mile gets to go in the TV room now. He was there now with a boy who reminds Mike of his small adorable boyfriend. "Hey Mike." James greeted excitly as he sat infront of him.

Mike nodded his head towards James. He doesn't speak, he only talks to Will. "Wanna come to my room?" James asked hopefully.

Mike nooded again and stood up. They walked down the hallway and ended up at James' slightly bigger room.

They situated on the bed and looked at some books. "I have a confession." James pursed his lips together and Mike looked at him.

"I like you. Like, like." He looked into Mike's eyes and Mike got up. He left quickly and ran to his room. He didn't want to be around anyone who could ruin his relationship.

Soon after he heard knocking on his door. "I'm sorry Mike, I still want to be friends. I don't want to make it awkward."

Mike swung the door open and James stood there anxiously. "We're both getting out today by the way."

Mike was beyond confused. He was here for two months and they said he would get out in four. He was glad he was going to get to make it to senior prom.

"They said we need to pack our stuff." James pointed to the shelf of things Mike got from Will.

-
-
-

Mike packed quickly and sat on his bed. He was waiting for the nurse to come in and tell him he could leave.

All he got was James. He walked in and sat next to Mike. "I'll be going to your school, my mom said I couldn't be homeschooled anymore."

Mike really didn't care. He just cared about seeing Will's face. It was the last week of school and that meant prom. Mike had a plan to surprise Will.

He wasn't going to let anyone ruin his day tomorrow. "Hey Mike, your mother is here." Nurse Kaya peaked into the room. "Oh, you too." She motioned to James.

The teens walked together. "Hey honey." Karen hugged Mike tightly but Mike didn't hug back.

They drove home in silence. Awkward silence. Everytime Karen would try to talk Mike would turn up the radio. He didn't want to hear her voice.

When they finally arrived home Mike just went to his room and didn't come out. Tomorrow was his chance to be with Will again.

He had a tux but it probably didn't fit him anymore because he grew a lot while in the psych ward. He put it back in his closet and sat on his bed. It didn't feel like his room anymore.

Then he saw it, his closet was full of Hawaiian shirts, beat up converse were set next to his bed. "What the fuck?"

He opened his drawer and saw a box of condoms and a bottle of lube. He looked at his bed in disgust. "Ugh." He gagged and looked around again.

The thing that confirmed Richie took over his room was the inhaler on the dresser that was labeled 'Eddie Kaspbrak'.

He ran down stairs and into the kitchen, where his mom was. "Did you let Richie sleep in my room?" He asked. She turned around with pity in her eyes.

"Honey, I cleaned it this morning." "Did you let him sleep in the fucking room or not Karen?" Mike snapped. Just because he was being hospitalized doesn't mean he didn't exist.

"His shit is in my room." He shouted when she didn't respond. "What the fuck? Why would you think that was okay?" He was beyond pissed off. He was ready to just leave.

"You know what, never mind. Just fuck off yeah?" He went back to Richie's room, that's right, it's not his anymore.

He packed a bag and snuck to his parents room. He found his dads wallet and took all if the money out of it, a couple hundred bucks.

-
-
-

He didn't tell anyone he was leaving, all he did was leave a note for Max. He wasn't leaving Derry but he was going to a hotel or something to leave his house.

He knew someone who could lend him a tux for the dance. He stopped at Will's, made sure he wasn't there, and walked right in. "Johnathan?"

Johnathan emerged from his room and gave Mike a confused look. "Wow, you're out." He hugged Mike.

"I need a suit. For tomorrow, I'm gonna surprise Will." Johnathan nodded but seemed nervous. "That's a great idea." He smiled to tried to hide the uneasy look.