Three

"Mike get up, you have school today." Karen shouted from downstairs. Mike shot up and looked around. "Ughhh, shut up." He groaned. "Michael!" Karen yelled.

When Mike got up he quickly got ready so he could have time to call Will and finally apologize to him.

"Hello?" Will answered breathless. "Hey, it's Mike." He spoke hesitantly. "Oh, what do you want?" He asked giggling at something after.

"Are you with someone?" Mike sounded more jealous than he intended. "Yeah, me and Richie just snuck into my house." Mike wanted to puke for an unknown reason.

"Oh ok well I wanted to call and apologize for last week." Will sounded too distracted to hear Mike's apology.

"Huh, oh yeah it's fine." Mike scoffed but kept the conversation going. "Today's my first day of school." He tried.

"Yeah whatever I have to go, me and Richie are going to annoy Stan by calling him Birdy all day so bye." He laughed hanging up the phone.

Nancy appeared next to Mike and noticed his hurt expression. "What's wrong?" She questioned. "He's... replacing me." He finally looked up at her.

After hugging Nancy he ran out to his bike and rode to Lucas' house. After he saw that his bike was still on the lawn he ran to the door, banging on it frantically.

"Oh my god Mike, can you stop being a crack head for once?" Lucas exclaimed when he opened the door and saw the dramatic teen.

"Sorry Lucas, we need to talk about Will." Mike barged in and grabbed Lucas's book bag. "We're leaving Mrs. Sinclair."

"What did you want to talk about?" He asked as they rode to Dustin's house. "I'll say it when we pick up Dustin."

-
-
-

"We don't have all day Dustin." Mike shouted. The curly haired boy was currently talking to his girlfriend which Mike realized he forgot to do.

"Alright, I'm coming, Jeez." He said his goodbyes and came out of his room. "What is so important that-" He was cut off by Mike's harsh words.

"Will is being a little shit." The words surprised all three of them. Mike use to only speak highly of Will.

-
-
-

"Will is always a little shit, remember when he wouldn't stop asking to play D&D." The boy's ride to school turned into a talk shit about Will party.

Mike never got to tell the two immature boys why he was upset at Will, instead he ignored it with insults for the sensitive boy.

"We should probably just ignore him from now on, he's way too annoying." Lucas suggested as they locked their bikes up.

"We shouldn't do that to him." Mike defended. "Yeah, we shouldn't do that to him." Someone mocked in a girly voice.

"Nice one Troy, you're practically a comedian now." Dustin said sarcastically. "Sorry I can't hear you though the lisp."

"I have teeth now Troy, you can't insult me with that anymore." Dustin showed off his smile causing a disgusted look to crawl up Troy's face.

"Seriously though, you guys are terrible friends to that poor kid." Mike was confused at the sincerity in Troy's usually rough words.

-
-
-

"Maybe we could call Will and talk it out with him." That was the solution they came up with.

So after school the three boys went to Mike's house, didn't even bother inviting Max, and called Will. After a few rings he answered it.

"Hello?" He spoke. "Oh hey Will, it's all of us today." Mike responded. "Oh um.." He trailed off and Lucas huffed, rolling his brown eyes.

"Is this a bad time?" Mike asked. "No it's just that we're coming to Hawkins soon and Richie is helping me get my clothes together, he even gave me some of his."

All three of the boys gave eachother knowing looks and said goodbye to Will. "Have we officially lost him?" Dustin was the first to talk.

"No, I'm not loosing my best friend to my cousin who is a piece of shit. God I hate Richie Tozier." Mike whispered the last part not wanting his mother to hear him talk badly about his own family.

"So it's settled, we need to do everything we possibly can to get Richie to back off of Will." Dustin announced.