Fifteen

*A couple of years later*

"Yeah, I'm gay." Mike stood in the middle of his new basement. He admitted his biggest secret to his friends. Max knew of course.

"I'm fine with it but I'm not fine with the fact that you didn't tell us sooner." Dustin huffed and leaned forward.

"It's Will, it always has been." The mood in the room changed. It was more serious and focused.

"Do you need a hug?" Lucas asked. "No, I learned to deal with it by now. I mean, we're seniors." Mike lied.

"Yeah, we're seniors that need to get to school." Max reminded the three young adults.

"School sucks ass," Lucas complained as they walked through the doors. He was also complaining about the losers being so popular now so they shouldn't use that name.

Mike wasn't listening, he was focusing on the people staring at him. Everyone was glaring and making him nervous.

He was labeled the emo. He wears hoodies all the time now, never taking them off. He closes the assholes out with music. No one knows he cuts but they have suspicions.

He went straight to his locker and tried to ignore the people talking about him. He didn't see Will so he was a little disappointed, he wanted to see him smile.

-
-
-

Soon lunch rolled around and Mike just sat at the table his friends were at, he never really ate anymore.

Through his loud music, he can hear Lucas talking about Will. He rips his headphones off to hear.

"He was wearing a skirt too." Lucas ended and glanced at Mike. "Where is Will?" He questioned eagerly. "In the hall, why?" Max answered.

Before Mike could hear the question he was bolting out of the cafeteria. He instantly sees Will.

He was pushed against the locker, Troy crowding his space. His bare thigh was being held up by Troy. He was kissing Will's neck making Mike gag.

He ran to the bathroom, tears running down his cheeks. He sat against the door and sobbed loudly.

After he was done he went to wash his face. The water was cold and felt nice. But when he looked up Will was standing right behind him.

"It's a bathroom for one person Byers. Get out or I'll call your boyfriend to do it for you." Mike spat out.

He realized Will didn't get the memo when he just stands there. In a split second, Will is clinging onto his waist.

Mike just stands there awkwardly, he's towering over Will now, more than a foot difference.

At first, Will's crying was just sniffling but now he's full-on sobbing and Mike doesn't know if he should confront him or leave him like he left Mike.

He decides to not be an asshole and hugs him back. No words were spilled. Mike eventual has to pull Will off of him though because he was hugging him too hard.

Will stands there covering his face. Mike grabs his arms and slides up to grab his hands.

He drops to his knees and tries to see Will's face, who keeps trying to hide it still. "Hey, can you look at me?"

Will gives in and looks at Mike with tears still threatening to spill. "What's wrong?" Mike asks.

"I fucked up." Is all Will told him before he was sobbing again. Mike stood quickly, wrapping his arms around Will's small frame.

"It's okay, you'll be okay." Mike tried his best to comfort the crying boy in his arms. "I still-" Will cut himself off with a sob.

"It's alright baby." The name slipped out of Mike's mouth. He didn't mean to say it but as soon as he did Will pushed him away and started crying even more.

He ran out of the bathroom leaving Mike with a stupid and confused and maybe even mad look on his face. He was mad at himself.

He reached into his pocket and grabbed out his razors. "This is all my fault." He whispered. He opened the box and shook them out.

Just as he was cutting into his skin the door opened again. Will stood there. He smacked Mike's hand and the razor went flying.

Will, for some reason, hugged Mike again. "Please don't do that anymore. I'm sorry. I don't want you to go." Will mumbled into his hoodie.

They skipped class and went to the losers hang out that was behind the school.

They sat down and Will retrieved a pack of cigarettes from his pocket. "Want one?" He offered and Mike nodded.