𝑰𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔

╒◖═══════════════════════◗╕

As Max and Hattie overheard an announcement that played over the radio; "...Evacuation, once again, this is not a test. This is not a test. An E6 tornado warning has been issued for Arcadia Bay and surrounding counties. The Emergency Broadcast System is now in effect..." Max pushed open the storm door, walking in, Hattie followed close behind, laying eyes on Warren once they walked in.

"Max!" He yelled, then a woman turned around, Hattie didn't recognize the woman, but, she assumed it was Joyce, Chloe's mother. 

"Max!" The woman said as she embraced her in a hug., "Oh, Jesus, I am so glad to see you, sweetie... Who is this? Are you guys okay?"

"This is Hattie Olson... She is Nathan Prescott's girlfriend, she has become one of my good friends, we're okay... How about you guys?" Max explained to her, looking over the two of them. Warren looked over at Hattie, he bit his lip, waving to her, she waved back awkwardly.

"The Two Whales is barely standing now- I don't know if it's going to make it through the tornado... Poor Officer Berry and all those people out there," Joyce shook her in utter disbelief.  Joyce put her hand on the girls' backs and guided them further into the diner, "Get your asses in here, I have to get back to this gentleman on the ground, Warren has been gathering all the first aid..."

Hattie walked over to Warren, standing next to him as he handed Joyce the supplies, "It's not much, Joyce. But, it's all we have."

Hattie tapped Warren on the shoulder, "Are you alright, Warren?"

He turned to her, shrugging his shoulders, "I should have seen all those warnings, I ignored them..."

Max turned and faced Warren and Hattie, "There's nothing you could do about it, Warren," She said to him.

"I am so stupid... I should have seen it coming," Warren mumbled quietly.

Hattie awkwardly patted Warren on the back to reassure him, "There was nothing any of us could have done," Hattie's voice was noticeable hoarse. Max walked over to the wounded man to talk to him and Joyce. Hattie stayed next to Warren, she wanted to apologize for everything she did. She did punch him pretty hard.

"Hattie? You alright? Where's Nathan?" Warren questioned her, he looked at her with a sympathetic expression, once she heard his name, she started to cry again, Warren looked at her in shock, "Oh, no... Did I say something wrong? Is everything okay?"

Hattie looked over at him, tears running down her cheeks, she was trying to form words in her head, but she could only blame herself, "I didn't mean to fuck everything up, Warren... I could have protected him if I knew what was going on..."