𝑺𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈

╔════▣◎▣════╗

╔════▣◎▣════╗

Nathan had a good pace in front of Hattie, his fingers slowly slipped from her grasp as they neared the student parking long, he finally got eyes on Max Caulfield, she was mid conversation with Warren Graham, Nathan peered over his shoulder at Hattie once more, as if he was making sure they were on the same page, she gave him a nod, she knew that he knew how much power Hattie had over the other kids at Blackwell, that she was a pretty big deal, especially being with him. This is part of why he really liked her, she wasn't scared of anything and always had his back. The pair of them walked up to Max and Warren, this was the moment that Nathan's hand finally completely slipped from Hattie's as she stood off the the side, being observant as usual, "Max Caulfield, right? You're one of Jefferson's photo groupies?" Nathan spoke up first, crossing his arms over his chest, he stood at a respectable distance for the moment.

Max shifted her body weight around nervously, she knew what he was hiding in his jacket, her eyes looked over to Hattie for a moment, their eyes locking. Max was confused about Hattie, she knew that she reacted to the whole time rewinding thing once, but now she doesn't remember a thing after it happened a few times, "Uh-" Max looked back over at Nathan now, "I'm one of his students," She answered awkwardly. 

Warren started to get close to Nathan, so Nathan shoved him awake, "What-the-fuck-ever, I know you like to take pictures, especially when you're hiding out in the bathroom," Nathan's facial expressions showed how angry he was, Hattie was familiar with this look, she's seen him frustrated once or twice, "You best tell me what you saw... Now!"

Max furrowed her brow and looked around nervously, Nathan stood there, holding his ground, eyeing her down, "Nothing but a butterfly," Max finally said and Hattie saw this as a sarcastic mark, Hattie slowly stepped forward, meeting Max's gaze.

"Just a butterfly?" Hattie now spoke up, this caused Nathan to look over at her, he attempted to hide his oncoming smirk, but as soon as he looked over to Max, it faded.

"You're full of shit! I'd respect you more if you told the truth," Nathan added on to Hattie's comment as he angerily stared Max down.

"I don't need your respect," Max was quick to say to Nathan, her eyes landed on Hattie's, "Your's either."

"My respect would get you pretty fucking far in this school, so watch your tone, Caulfield," Hattie kept her distance, but she didn't hold back on what she said to her.

"Max, you are clueless, you have no idea who we are or what we can do," Nathan chimed in, waiting for Max's reaction.

"Actually. I have a pretty good idea of who you are."

Nathan clenched his fists, taking a step forward, Hattie studied his face, watching as he furrowed his brow and stared Max dead in the eye, "Do not analyze me! I pay people for that, worry about yourself, Max Caulfield."