Chapter 1

"You will not leave this house and that is final!"

"Fine but you can't stop me from going to school!" I yelled back to my mother. She's been throwing a fit because I've wanted to go to a party at my friend Jake's house.

She won't let me or my sister go anywhere all because some stupid teens around London keep disappearing. They think that it's more likely that they'er running away more than them being kidnaped or killed.

I think my mum actually thinks I'll leave. Ever since she remarried she claims that we don't want to be close to her, she says we don't 'talk' to her anymore.

Truth be told I was closer to my dad than anyone else in my family. As it turns out the feeling wasn't that mutual, he moved out and moved on I guess. Mum won't tell us where, and that's definitely one reason she's afraid we would want to leave.

"What are you planning on doing? Ditch school to go who knows where?"

"Mum, it's not like I want to leave. And even if I did it wouldn't be to go find dad, it would be because you are always way too overbearing."

"I just want what's best for you honey."

"No, you want me to stay cooped up in this so called 'perfect life' you think we have here. If you'd just give us some space we wouldn't want rebel so much."

"Daniel, I do want you to be happy and safe. Believe it or not, I do love you."

"Well in the past four years you've had a funny way if showing it," I muttered before jogged up stairs, entered my room and slammed my door.

Stupid step dad, stupid mother, stupid school, stupid life. I'd do practically anything to change it. Maybe I actually would leave, if it wasn't for my friends.

I walked over to my closet and pulled out a pair of skinny jeans, took off my sweats and put them on.

If I can't go through the front door then I'll just go out the window.

And that's exactly what I did. I quickly ran over to my car and started it up.

Yeah of course she'll hear it, she would have found out anyway. At this point I don't care.

I left and went down the road about twelve minutes away to a house seemed to emanate music from a huge distance away. Jake moved in about a year ago. His Dad always works and his mum is always traveling; it kind of sucks that's he usually always alone.

As I got out of my car and started to approach the house, when my friend PJ ran up and jumped nearly knocking me over.

"Hello to you too, Peej," I laughed greeting him.

"Where have you been? I've been texting you non stop."

"Sorry mate, my mum took my phone earlier. Plus I'm not even suppose to be here."

"You got grounded again didn't you?" he inquired as we walked through the house trying not to get shoved by other people.

"Yeah, she thinks I'm going to 'disappear' like the others."

"That's one of the things I wanted to tell you about.."

"What? You're not leaving me to join that stupid cult thing are you?" I asked looking at him strangely. I have very few friends and I'd rather not lose my best friend.

"No but Chris has been missing for the last eight hours or so. I talked to his parents and stuff, they're getting worried."

"Damn, I never thought he'd be the one to leave," I replied quite shocked. Wow, looks like I lost another friend anyway.