Chapter 6

Soon after we had talked about our sad existence I fell asleep again. It wasn't as relaxing as it was yesterday. I kept having these dreams of what the war was going to be like when it happened. I was thinking about where the fighting was suppose to take place it's not like we can have a vampire war right in the middle of London.

And the the middle of London was not what I dreamed about. I dreamt about this huge open area surrounded by a forest and hundreds upon thousands of highly gifted vampires. I dreamt about death and I dreamt about Xavier. I saw him at the start, he was so powerful and much worse than I had imagined. I could almost see his face only if I had gotten closer. I could see Phil.

Yeah Phil, him of all people, I could see as clear as day and I wish I hadn't. I woke up just as Xavier was going kill him.

I'm going to protect him.

If he isn't strong enough for the war I'll just protect him. I've been a vampire for a little less than a day and I know I'm much more powerful than others as long as I train well. In the end maybe I'll be powerful enough to keep him alive and help others as well.

When I woke up again it was around four in the afternoon. Phil was on his bed asleep snoring softly.

'No one around here should be awake at this time of day' I thought to myself, remembering we had to be in our classes at around seven thirty. I still haven't seen the school yet. Professor Hale was suppose to explain everything yesterday. You know, before I turned invisible and before I turned into cat.

This is all so amazing but completely scary at the same time. I hope I get to see Maggi today, I mean I don't see why not. It has been twenty four hours, I should be completely non-human now. Right?

I kept walking further and managed to get knocked down to the floor as a person ran down the hall not caring if anyone was was there.

You think I could manage getting to the bathroom as well as I can manage getting shoved to the ground but it's more difficult than it seems. I am totally lost.

"Lost?"

"Oh. uh, yeah, I was looking for the bathroom," I stuttered startled by her voice, "Jenn, right?"

"Yeah, Dan is it? Sorry I scared you, I'm usually the only one awake at this time of day. It's down the other end of the hall."

"Thanks," I mumbled awkwardly turning back to the other direction.

"Wait," she said in a loud whisper almost grabbing my wrist. I snatched my hand away and looking at her for explanation, "what did Blake say your gift was."

"Uh, something about power replication? I'm not sure exactly."

"That is so cool. So technically I'm not the only non-dork with the ability to become invisible."

"I guess so."

"I'll see you later," she said probably realizing I wanted no part in communication, just the directions towards the toilets.

"So I heard you had a run in with Jenn?" Phil said already dressed when I arrived back. After some time of getting lost again in the wrong direction, I might add. It's now five.

"Yeah, I was lost. She's nice I guess."

"Yeah, I guess. Anyway, you must be starving, we can head down to the dinning hall when you get dressed."

"Strangely I'm not that hungry. I'm tired though. It's weird because I've been sleeping for way too long."

"It's normal to feel this way, although you should be at least craving blood."